Schwartzwalder Trophy | Syracusefan.com

Schwartzwalder Trophy

I was wondering if it was up for grabs or not. I take it its not?

Ahh thanks.

Nunes is right.. If WVU pulled this, we would be calling them out hard core

I don't like it either. Unless the Yankees didn't want the Schwartzwalder Trophy to undermine the Pinstripe Trophy. That's the only excuse I'll accept.

Maybe I'm a bad SU fan, but who cares if the trophy is up or not. Doesn't make one bit of difference to me. I just want to beat them because they are WVU

Got to wonder if this has to do with some brass in the Pinstripe Bowl's organizing committee. Having us play for a rivalry trophy overshadows the trophy they hand out at the end of the game.

Marrone mentioning the Steinbrenner trophy makes this pretty darn close to positive being a bowl politics thing pushed on him by their PR team.

I personally didn't care one way or the other. It doesn't make me want to win any more or any less, I sure hope that sentiment is reflected in our players' attitudes too.

We'll have a new trophy game with BC every year.

We'll play for the "Diamond Sombrero".

I don't like it either. Unless the Yankees didn't want the Schwartzwalder Trophy to undermine the Pinstripe Trophy. That's the only excuse I'll accept.

Yes, that's exactly the reason. Remember, they are paying the teams a lot of money to be here. That's the bottom line. The bowls have ALWAYS been about sponsorship money. That's why there are so many that don't even have a real bowl name to attach to the name of the sponsor. That's pathetic, but that's the way it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom