Scoop to skip Portsmouth | Syracusefan.com

Scoop to skip Portsmouth

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
I wonder how this will influence Noel's decision.

(seriously, though...how dumb is this move?)

Why? He already graduated, right? His numbers shouldn't impact the APR. He's taking graduate classes, right?

Maybe he's already accepted he's Europe bound? Sould start giving Andy some calls.

He realizes he is not getting drafted..but, why not get some teams interested in a possible pre camp workout? Or does he already have something worked out overseas?

What?

there are zero lock nba players there so there's no upside for him. if he excels, he's doing what he's supposed to do. if he underperforms, he's done. might as well do team workouts (which involve playing w hgher caliber players). not a big deal.

there are zero lock nba players there so there's no upside for him. if he excels, he's doing what he's supposed to do. if he underperforms, he's done. might as well do team workouts (which involve playing w hgher caliber players). not a big deal.

there is plenty of upside because he is not a sure draft pick. you have it upside down. the guys who sometimes decline are usually guys who are assured of being lottery or high draft picks and they don't want to have a few bad days and see their stock drop. he'd be trying to see his stock rise into the draft.

If only he had an agent who could help him with these types of decisions...

there is plenty of upside because he is not a sure draft pick. you have it upside down. the guys who sometimes decline are usually guys who are assured of being lottery or high draft picks and they don't want to have a few bad days and see their stock drop. he'd be trying to see his stock rise into the draft.

Agree in principle.

I remember when Portsmouth used to be BIG in terms of what it meant to draft stock. I think a few years ago, they actually didn't have one person drafted who participated in Portsmouth. Times have changed. Not sure at all what playing there versus not playing there does to Scoop's draft-ability. Can't imagine him getting drafted anyway--although I think he has the ability to earn a LOT of money playing overseas. He'll play for pay.

Agree in principle.

I remember when Portsmouth used to be BIG in terms of what it meant to draft stock. I think a few years ago, they actually didn't have one person drafted who participated in Portsmouth. Times have changed. Not sure at all what playing there versus not playing there does to Scoop's draft-ability. Can't imagine him getting drafted anyway--although I think he has the ability to earn a LOT of money playing overseas. He'll play for pay.
yep, Portsmouth has lost a lot of stature over the last few years. Only a handful of guys who play in the PIT will be drafted, and they are taken because of their full body of work and/or team workouts. I think you are more likely to play yourself out of the second round than to better your draft stock.

Scoop doesn't need to showcase himself amongst a bunch of long shots - he knows he is going to get a long look by several teams because PG is a valuable commodity in the NBA. He might get snagged in the 2nd round, but he has a better shot of being able to pick his spot as a UFA among three or for interested parties. He'll play in the summer league and have a chance to put himself on someone's roster as a backup PG. If after all that falls though, he will be able to find a spot overseas.

yep, Portsmouth has lost a lot of stature over the last few years. Only a handful of guys who play in the PIT will be drafted, and they are taken because of their full body of work and/or team workouts. I think you are more likely to play yourself out of the second round than to better your draft stock.

Scoop doesn't need to showcase himself amongst a bunch of long shots - he knows he is going to get a long look by several teams because PG is a valuable commodity in the NBA. He might get snagged in the 2nd round, but he has a better shot of being able to pick his spot as a UFA among three or for interested parties. He'll play in the summer league and have a chance to put himself on someone's roster as a backup PG. If after all that falls though, he will be able to find a spot overseas.

Moqui, every time I see your avatar I think "OMG, Father Guido Sarducci is a wanted man!"

;)

Moqui, every time I see your avatar I think "OMG, Father Guido Sarducci is a wanted man!"

;)
that is the notorious & mysterious Heisenberg

that is the notorious & mysterious Heisenberg

When does that show start up again? Got to be some time soon, right? Isn't it a summer show?

Moqui & RF2044 are dead on accurate. Portsmouth is no longer a way to show your abilities for the NBA. In fact, a stigma is starting to attach to those that participate which is not helping. It has become an opportunity to impress European scouts.

When does that show start up again? Got to be some time soon, right? Isn't it a summer show?
they haven't announced a date yet . . . they did, however, announce that they are going to bone their fans by splitting the final season in half - instead of a run of 16 shows, they are going to show 8 then take a year off and show the final 8.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom