Scout refund, YES | Syracusefan.com

Scout refund, YES

Tcuse

Walk On
Got a letter back today from the NY Attorney General office in regards to the complaint I had filed in Sept 2011 against Scout for breach of service.
They got Scout to send me a prorated refund for my premium membership. This is after Scout told me to go to hell over the phone when I originally requested it.
The NYS Attorney Generals Office has been very vigilant when it comes to consumers getting ripped off, and do go to bat even for small claims.

Got a letter back today from the NY Attorney General office in regards to the complaint I had filed in Sept 2011 against Scout for breach of service.
They got Scout to send me a prorated refund for my premium membership. This is after Scout told me to go to hell over the phone when I originally requested it.
The NYS Attorney Generals Office has been very vigilant when it comes to consumers getting ripped off, and do go to bat even for small claims.

I received my refund also

Suck it, Garcia!

Garcia's been great, not sure what your beef is with him.

I feel bad for him. Had he been hired a few months sooner, he would have one hell of a following

Garcia's been great, not sure what your beef is with him.
No, I agree, and he has been great for the site. I'm just busting his chops since he's really the only one on the site it seems, so he's the only one to take the brunt of this.

Agree with you that Garcia is doing a great job, and under different conditions I would support him. But I will never give Scout another penny after their arrogance when they refused to refund premium membership even though there was no more premium content.
Am so glad that NY put the pressure on them and they had to issue refunds.

Agree with you that Garcia is doing a great job, and under different conditions I would support him. But I will never give Scout another penny after their arrogance when they refused to refund premium membership even though there was no more premium content.
Am so glad that NY put the pressure on them and they had to issue refunds.

Everything that Cali says is premium content. :)

So glad I cancelled on my anniversary...about three weeks before the midnight move.

Actually I just cancelled yesterday morning. My anniversary date was coming up at the end of May. I agree that Garcia has done a fine job. Too bad the circumstances weren't different.

Actually I just cancelled yesterday morning. My anniversary date was coming up at the end of May. I agree that Garcia has done a fine job. Too bad the circumstances weren't different.
i still have mine and garcia does a good job and that is the only reason kept it. never post on it though, waste of time

I was given my refund with just a phone conversation. This was a few months ago. I felt that Garcia was doing a great job but the message boards were a complete waste.

i wish the AG would do something about cell phone companies that are screwing the consumer with the data plans..

i wish the AG would do something about cell phone companies that are screwing the consumer with the data plans..
ATT is screwing all their "unlimited" data users by throttling them, I've called to complain many times, some AT&T rep play dumb and others say to bad it in your contract that we can change your terms at any time

I happen to think Garcia is great. The message board over there is not but that's not John's fault. I have had my scout membership for a very long time and have been friends with Evan Daniels for about 5 years. While I am a big supporter of the scout product and the guys on their team, they really dropped the ball on syracusefan. It's a shame. Can say that speaking to Evan he wished it would have been handled differently. Like most other people who support syracuse I no longer use their site for Orange info. That said they are the best source for all information not syracuse related.

Or perhaps ONLY over small claims. How much money did you win, and how much money did our government spend...?

Did anybody but a small helpless internet service provider suffer because of your claim?

Can any large company be punished through such small claims? Can you or I successfully hurt TW or Verizon or is only a company like this board's competitor subject to such claims?

I support the NY Attorney General punishing small crime as well as large. But to celebrate a small claim this way is unseemly.

Or, in other words: How much money did our government spend to get you your 10 dollar subscription back?

I hope somebody goes home from their 100k job and enjoys the fact they did good work helping the common man! Hopefully his six underpaid coworkers at only 70k are still happy and don't sue him for being an any time soon.

Ancillary to my previous point about the stupid waste of the Attorney General and his extremely well paid lawyers.

What exactly was the breach? Forgive my ignorance in this matter.

I am pretty sure it was a contractual agreement to pay 10/month in order to get "inside info" that wasn't delivered. They made you pay annually? When everybody (rightfully) decided the company wasn't delivering their agreement of quality inside info for a fee...

More importantly, the annual agreement was challenged.

Web content that should be a small business earner is now penalized by content suits, and ESPN continues to win.

I don't believe you!!!, Yes sir, that's the American way, lets promise content, not deliver it, then screw the customer.
How would it be if you bought a car with extra options for X$, then they deliver you the car without he extras but still charge you the same price? No problems?