Scrimmage Feb 2 / Yale | Syracusefan.com

Scrimmage Feb 2 / Yale

I guess they aren't doing a press conference before the Yale scrimmage - does anyone know about Dordevic's availability this weekend? Would be great if he was far enough along in his treatment to play against the Bull Dogs.

Not yet. Going have to shed some rust so hopefully soon.

Yale scrimmage is final audition for many. The following is what interests me in any post conference

1) Attack has good depth, like to hear Desko mention Seebold again
2) Who solidifies joining Carlin on second line. Hoping the considerable talent of Quinn surfaces.
3) SSDM rotation and how they look.
4) Fogo results
5) Any frosh middy ready from the go?
6) Crisp or not?

"Not yet" as in I dont know.

Yale a real gauge period for all , Ierlan for fogos , their O for our D and goalies, their D for our crispness

I guess they aren't doing a press conference before the Yale scrimmage - does anyone know about Dordevic's availability this weekend? Would be great if he was far enough along in his treatment to play against the Bull Dogs.
According to my source, he's still out and there are no plans for a return soon. Obviously if things have changed I will apologize for false reporting

Obviously disappointing to hear that. Hope he can return soon The "good" news is midfield is pretty deep and if Lipka is healthy, I don't think there is that much drop off. Just hope it doesn't drag on all season like it did for (as Jeremy mentioned) Nick Piroli.

If we do hear from Coach Desko, I would also want to know which freshmen have stepped up and who he sees competing for playing time. Obviously Cook falls into that category, but anyone else? Like ivorytower I also am very interested in knowing who the SSDM's will be. Lastly I'd want to know if there is a "breakout" player on the horizon who has impressed since fall ball, who we might not be talking about.

Talking abouit Middies Is the kim Brothers article just Hype or maybe they will actually play? They have size..or is it a just stay tuned..

Talking abouit Middies Is the kim Brothers article just Hype or maybe they will actually play? They have size..or is it a just stay tuned..
I think it's a stay tuned. I asked my buddy about them (his 2 sons played lax at Bosco - one of them with the Kims) and he wasn't super excited. He thought they were a reach at the time of their offers. I haven't gotten an update in a couple of years because frankly, I forgot about them, so hopefully they have improved a lot.

Ouch. Either Yale is going to win back to back championships or the boys have a lot more work to do.

Yale is almost a lock to return to the Final 4. They’re loaded again and have a relatively soft schedule.

Entirely possible that Ierlan just wrecked Cuse's FOGOs in the first half and they never had the ball. Or maybe Varello made a huge adjustment in the second half.

Hmmmm i doubt the second half was totally 3rd string guys by both teams. We probably had at least a little bit of solid play against their starters in the 3rd. No Dordevic hurts. Not quite the worst thing in the world I suppose.

Entirely possible that Ierlan just wrecked Cuse's FOGOs in the first half and they never had the ball. Or maybe Varello made a huge adjustment in the second half.

Or Ierlan didn’t play in the second half. I imagine both teams alternated their FOGOs. The first half score is probably a better reflection of each team.

Or Ierlan didn’t play in the second half. I imagine both teams alternated their FOGOs. The first half score is probably a better reflection of each team.

Yale also got one of the best FOGO recruits so if we were beating that guy it is no small feat.

Need the details - but on the whole, 18-14 is actually pretty good all things considered . Yes, they probably went to the bench, but also assume we were mixing up combos and also missing key pieces

Disappointing but not unexpected. Yale is legit and I assume TD was at 70% or higher in the first half. Real test is next Friday. Need better goalie play and Dordevic back

Yale also started official practices yesterday... they are going to be scary good

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom