Sean Edinger | Syracusefan.com

Sean Edinger

Dcuse

All Conference
So many lauded this guy when he first came here. What has he done here in 5 years. We continue to see backs from bad teams dragging our defense 5 and 6 yards at the end of runs. We continue to see offensive linemen overpowered. We continue to see massive numbers of injuries, many before the season even starts. It’s disgusting to continue to see both lines get dominated by lower division foes. His staff has done a horrible job of getting bodies ready to play football at this level. He oughta be at the top of the list of candidates for the chopping block. But he won’t be.

It’s hard to fault them when the off season was start and stop.
It’s more a sign of depth at this point.

So many lauded this guy when he first came here. What has he done here in 5 years. We continue to see backs from bad teams dragging our defense 5 and 6 yards at the end of runs. We continue to see offensive linemen overpowered. We continue to see massive numbers of injuries, many before the season even starts. It’s disgusting to continue to see both lines get dominated by lower division foes. His staff has done a horrible job of getting bodies ready to play football at this level. He oughta be at the top of the list of candidates for the chopping block. But he won’t be.

come on Dave

the two deep is ridiculously young

babers has raised the team speed but size needs to improve. Tucker is an example of that next step

with all the freshmen on defense without the benefit of organized S&c it’s two door sports coupes in collisions with midsized suvs

come on Dave

the two deep is ridiculously young

babers has raised the team speed but size needs to improve. Tucker is an example of that next step

with all the freshmen on defense without the benefit of organized S&c it’s two door sports coupes in collisions with midsized suvs
But we’re 5 years in, Go! I understand we are forced to play a lot of young guys because of injuries and while I’m not one to blame S&D guys for injuries at some point you have to look at the MULTITUDE of injuries during this 5 years and say What’s going on? Our guys that have been here for 2-3 years should not be getting destroyed up front continuously.

Nope. You don't know the injuries, or why. Is a guy coming back fat and injuring himself his fault? A guy falling down the stairs? A guy that was injured in spring, but lacking the necessary medical diagnosis, due to covid, his fault? No. Its not.

He doesn't make the schemes, or call the plays. He makes them strong with an incredible VO2 max. In that respect, he continues to succeed.

Inferior talent recruited produces inferior results compared to other teams that recruit better in ACC over the last several years. Lifting weights like crazy doesn’t necessarirly make them better athletes.

the overall athleticism is fine, its stature That’s an issue

This is a part of it. I was told I was crazy when I voiced similar concerns.

Guys don't improve. You are either a stud as a freshman or you will never contribute and play.

Goes across both sports even in basketball everyone is the same player as a senior they were as a freshman. The only outliers are the transfers (Eli/G) and I guess the coaches kid.

But we’re 5 years in, Go! I understand we are forced to play a lot of young guys because of injuries and while I’m not one to blame S&D guys for injuries at some point you have to look at the MULTITUDE of injuries during this 5 years and say What’s going on? Our guys that have been here for 2-3 years should not be getting destroyed up front continuously.

Bleich would be starting if he was healthy (and cleared).

Dakota Davis would be starting if he was healthy.

Red, Froumy, and Pat Davis would be contributing if they were healthy.

The OL we're trotting out every game is NOT what the staff envisioned in January.

Guys don't improve. You are either a stud as a freshman or you will never contribute and play.

Goes across both sports even in basketball everyone is the same player as a senior they were as a freshman. The only outliers are the transfers (Eli/G) and I guess the coaches kid.

what? That’s high level crazy

It's funny seems like your killed as a CUSE fan when you see something off and voice concerns, for whatever reason I never liked him when he got here just seemed off to me but I didn't say much then as I had no basis for it, we are seeing issues all across the board which probably means its a coaching/staffing issue, it's not one position or even one side of the ball, idk what edinger is doing but it's not working, and the stop and start is BS, it's year 5 and everyone had the same conditions that we do, after the UNC game when babers kept saying oh I'm just so happy we're playing I knew we were F***ed, programs are in bad shape unfortunately, probably doesn't help our AD isn't exactly an AD

Bleich would be starting if he was healthy (and cleared).

Dakota Davis would be starting if he was healthy.

Red, Froumy, and Pat Davis would be contributing if they were healthy.

The OL we're trotting out every game is NOT what the staff envisioned in January.

That's the bigger question to me. Is there something systemic in how we practice/prep/condition that's taking so many linemen, or is it just some bad luck with the kinds of things that can happen on any given play?

That's the bigger question to me. Is there something systemic in how we practice/prep/condition that's taking so many linemen, or is it just some bad luck with the kinds of things that can happen on any given play?

Achilles and ACL injuries happen.

Devo was always a workout warrior, and he tore his ACL just by landing wrong.

Agree, but he is untouchable, seems so. Dinos driver, bodyguard, cooler. Dino loves the guy and doesn't he have associate HC as a tag? I know , its nuts, but only he and dino are allowed to address the team, a rule from day 1. He has some out there thoughts with s&c, martial arts background, and who knows. Does sometimes come off as the meathead in your face guy that every team has, but it's been the triple whammy lately with being slow, weak, and injury prone.

It’s hard to fault them when the off season was start and stop.
It’s more a sign of depth at this point.

Whoa, start and stop is what every team did. Same situations nationwide. We can't use that as an excuse.

Baloney. Our starters are getting bullied. Everybody is start and stop. There is no excuse for what we saw today physically.

Exactly, we got RUN OVER today, every back falling forward and every wr and our DL isn't showing any push or ability to jump gaps. our wrs are the smallest we have seen in years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom