Sean Kerins news | Syracusefan.com

Sean Kerins news

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
Saw this posted elsewhere. He's doing great. Congrats.

Congrats to Sean. He was a solid guy off the bench but sat behind some other good players and didn't start until his senior year if I recall. Today, he would have entered the portal long before that. Times have certainly changed. Glad to see that he has done well.

My (somewhat embarrassing) Sean Kerins story.

Sean was a broadcaster for SU basketball around 2006 (analyst with Matt Park). On the night before a game at Louisville, about 10 of us, including Sean and Jim Boeheim, had dinner at Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse -- on the recommendation of Rick Pitino.

I was drinking red wine and talking with my hands (I'm Hungarian) when I hit my full wine glass and sent its contents flying all over the white shirt of Sean Kerins who was sitting next to me.

It was the shirt Sean had planned to wear while broadcasting the game the next day. I insisted on buying him a new shirt, but as a very large person, he couldn't just walk into a department store and find one. I can't remember what he wore during the game but it was not the planned white shirt.

Then the story takes a funny twist... A week later, a large box was delivered to my front door. Instead of me buying Sean a shirt, he sent me a case of the same red wine I had spilled on him .. with a note saying "Stop worrying about the shirt."

Last edited:
Sean is #55

So Pearl stays for his senior year. Smart hits that shot and we inbound to Pearl, who...

Just a spectacular and program signature play and moment.

Sean is #55

So Pearl stays for his senior year. Smart hits that shot and we inbound to Pearl, who...
If Pearl stays the extra year with him and the general in the same backcourt. If we get to that game Smart and Alford would have fouled out trying to guard Pearl and Sherm.

If Pearl stays the extra year with him and the general in the same backcourt. If we get to that game Smart and Alford would have fouled out trying to guard Pearl and Sherm.

If Pearl stayed, does Sherm start or play a lot? I think we would have stayed with Monroe.

If Pearl stayed, does Sherm start or play a lot? I think we would have stayed with Monroe.
Think Monroe would have been better off the bench, but either way would have been a better team. If Rodney Walker hadn't guit midway through the season we would have been better.

Sean was a broadcaster for SU basketball around 2006 (analyst with Matt Park). On the night before a game at Louisville, about 10 of us, including Sean and Jim Boeheim, had dinner at Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse -- on the recommendation of Rick Pitino.

I was drinking red wine and talking with my hands (I'm Hungarian) when I hit my full wine glass and sent its contents flying all over the white shirt of Sean Kerins who was sitting next to me.

It was the shirt Sean had planned to wear while broadcasting the game the next day. I insisted on buying him a new shirt, but as a very large person, he couldn't just walk into a department store and find one. I can't remember what he wore during the game but it was not the planned white shirt.

Then the story takes a funny twist... A week later, a large box was delivered to my front door. Instead of me buying Sean a shirt, he sent me a case of the same red wine I had spilled on him .. with a note saying "Stop worrying about the shirt."
Based on my familiarity with Jeff Ruby he probably had a crisp new shirt delivered to Sean that evening. If there is anything Jeff knows as well as he does steak it's how to take care of celebrity customers and the importance of dressing well.

Reactions: cto
Congrats to Sean. He was a solid guy off the bench but sat behind some other good players and didn't start until his senior year if I recall. Today, he would have entered the portal long before that. Times have certainly changed. Glad to see that he has done well.
I remember Al McGuire calling him a lunch pail guy

Class