Season prediction | Syracusefan.com

Season prediction

David332

All American
As we approach week 5, what are your predictions for our final record? I’m going to guess 8-4, with our remaining wins being Wagner, ND, and BC.

If it wasn’t for injuries, I’d probably go 10-2. I think this team is special and we are in for a treat. As long as we bowl I’ll be content, but again my guess is 8 wins.

Hope I’m wrong and we get some upsets and it’s higher!

Wagner, BC, Pitt, maybe ND

NC State, Clemson, FSU are Ls in my eyes as of now

2314065F-73BC-4337-9A1E-94A810852FF0.jpeg

Although I think 8-4 is a decent bet I’ll say 7-5. I think the rough schedule mixed with injuries will result in 2-5 to finish. We will beat someone good at home and BC and go to Fenway or Annapolis. The only result I’d be disappointed with is 6-6 by only beating BC because it would mean sweating it out to clinch a bowl and I am still scarred from the skid last November.

Although I think 8-4 is a decent bet I’ll say 7-5. I think the rough schedule mixed with injuries will result in 2-5 to finish. We will beat someone good at home and BC and go to Fenway or Annapolis. The only result I’d be disappointed with is 6-6 by only beating BC because it would mean sweating it out to clinch a bowl and I am still scarred from the skid last November.
That’s fair, especially with the injuries. Our D and ST is tight though and Shrader is a straight up gamer. I think we can get into a rock fight with just about anybody. I feel you though on being weary from last season about cutting it close.

Torn between 7-5 and 8-4. Thinking Wagner, NC State and BC are wins. ND I'm not sure. 6-0 with hype and excitement then a tough back half return to reality- but still a positive step considering all the injuries.

Torn between 7-5 and 8-4. Thinking Wagner, NC State and BC are wins. ND I'm not sure. 6-0 with hype and excitement then a tough back half return to reality- but still a positive step considering all the injuries.
Which raises a good point, which win would you rather have, NCS or ND? NCS is obviously way better, but I want to beat ND in the Dome so bad.

Which raises a good point, which win would you rather have, NCS or ND? NCS is obviously way better, but I want to beat ND in the Dome so bad.

A really good season would mean beating both. A good season getting 1 of the 2. Obviously better than 8-4 is getting into special territory especially with this schedule.

I'm the same as I was pre-season: I don't make predictions. It is bad luck for me to predict a possible loss in any game, and also I always think there is a way we can win every game. You might say "how did that work out for you in 2020?" That year was an aberration, that's all. Besides, scientists now know* that the Coronavirus screwed up SOP's like mine and the vaccines and boosters have totally solved that issue.

Besides, science has proven* that fans can impact the outcome of a game in their team's favor simply by focusing intense rays of emotion during the contest. That's what I'll be doing.

*no actual scientists were involved in stating that

Everybody seems to have forgotten about Wake. I'd say 8-4. Wins against Wagner, BC, ND and i''ll say Fl State since its at home. We probably lose to NC State, Clemson, Pitt and Wake.

Not liking the injury trend either. I think we weather the thin DT rotation OK barring no more injuries. Mainly Okechukwu sliding in a bit and the young Fuentes-Cundiff and Bassette stepping up and filling in adequately. Really need an outside WR threat to develop though. They don't respect our ability to hurt them out there. If that happens we will really open up our offense instead of D's just stacking the box.

Last edited:
As we approach week 5, what are your predictions for our final record? I’m going to guess 8-4, with our remaining wins being Wagner, ND, and BC.

If it wasn’t for injuries, I’d probably go 10-2. I think this team is special and we are in for a treat. As long as we bowl I’ll be content, but again my guess is 8 wins.

Hope I’m wrong and we get some upsets and it’s higher!
4-0, plus Wagner, ND snd BC is only 7-5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom