SEC and CBS Contract through 2024...NO Increase in $$$ | Syracusefan.com

SEC and CBS Contract through 2024...NO Increase in $$$

I am betting CBS is going to get a couple of more doubleheader Saturdays from the SEC and continue having its SEC show on CBS College Sports.
CBS gave up the 3:30 pm time frame for the SEC Network...so it is interesting how it will work...still has championship game.

CBS gave up the 3:30 pm time frame for the SEC Network...so it is interesting how it will work...still has championship game.
They gave up the exclusivity of 3:30pm SEC time slot on CBS. I think the SEC gave CBS a couple more doubleheaders in this exchange for this change. As CBS didn't increase or decrease its payout to the SEC for giving up the exclusivity of the 3:30.

I was actually pretty surprised that CBS didn't go hard after some SEC Tier 2 content, just to get some of their football games on the CBS Sports Network. That would have hurt ESPN a little.

Sorry, does not fit the academic profile...and the ACC does not take pro teams...

I do know some Alabama fans who pushed for them to at least talk to the ACC back in 2003. If you remember, Bama was on probation at that time. Probation as a result of former Tennessee coach Phil Fulmer turning them in to the NCAA, IIRC.

We all know Bama would never leave the SEC, but, what kind of talk would that have brought on? :D

Just wait til Oklahoma to the Big Ten is announced.

the big doesnt want real programs- they took freakin rutgirls for goodness sake-proves they want low grade programs with tv sets over legit programs with tv sets