Second to last play of regulation... | Syracusefan.com

Second to last play of regulation...

Jake

Mod
Can not figure out how they didn’t run their kicker out there for a 58 yarder. That kid has the leg to hit that kick. I couldn’t believe it.

There was no way they were going to complete a pass and then get their FG unit on the field for a game winner.

Totally botched game management there.

Thought exactly the same thing. I mean, why not take a shot at the game winner?

It was the right call he had no shot to hit it and we might have returned or blocked it.

I hated Dino throwing the hail mary the next play from 65 yards out. Its not like he'd have thrown that pass from the 25 so why throw it from the 35? But if that was coming off a missed kick and was 8 yards closer to the end zone so Devito could actually reach the end zone of course you launch it. This factored into the decision from Fedora. His play calling on that series was questionable but not this play.

Great stop by our D especially making them lose yardage.

He had two guys who had killed us. If either had have caught a ball 30 yards out, our guys were missing tackles like crazy.

It was the right call he had no shot to hit it and we might have returned or blocked it.

I hated Dino throwing the hail mary the next play from 65 yards out. Its not like he'd have thrown that pass from the 25 so why throw it from the 35? But if that was coming off a missed kick and was 8 yards closer to the end zone so Devito could actually reach the end zone of course you launch it. This factored into the decision from Fedora. His play calling on that series was questionable but not this play.

Great stop by our D especially making them lose yardage.

I could be wrong but i think on missed kicks in college, the opposing team does not get the ball any closer from where the kick was.

They weren’t making that kick. UNC ran a play with 9 seconds so if they completed the pass they had enough time to spike the ball and kick a FG.

They weren’t making that kick. UNC ran a play with 9 seconds so if they completed the pass they had enough time to spike the ball and kick a FG.
The inc pass left :02 there was no time to spike.

This was a wt-f win. How in the hell did we have so many chances?

When you think about it, we were gifted an unbelievable number of chances to stay in the game.

I thought it probably wasn't going to be our day when Neal fumbled at their 1 yard line, down 7.

Then they march downfield but miss what would probably be the game winning FG, which would have made it a two score game.

It seemed like we were doomed a few minutes later when DeVito led us downfield, only to not find paydirt on fourth down.

Then, UNCs next series, they run into the LOS for no gain twice, enabling us to use our 2 remaining timeouts to stop the clock, and then botch a surefire completion to stop the clock again.

We score two plays later, and I'm worried that we've left too much time on the clock for them to do something.

Somehow, we stop them again and get the ball back... but DeVito makes a rookie mistake and gets picked at our 40 with about 50 seconds to play. Surely we're toast now.

But then we get a TFL which takes them out of FG range [thankfully, Fedora had no confidence in their kicker].

You usually don't see that many chances. UNC really gave it away, but I'll take it.

When you think about it, we were gifted an unbelievable number of chances to stay in the game.

I thought it probably wasn't going to be our day when Neal fumbled at their 1 yard line, down 7.

Then they march downfield but miss what would probably be the game winning FG, which would have made it a two score game.

It seemed like we were doomed a few minutes later when DeVito led us downfield, only to not find paydirt on fourth down.

Then, UNCs next series, they run into the LOS for no gain twice, enabling us to use our 2 remaining timeouts to stop the clock, and then botch a surefire completion to stop the clock again.

We score two plays later, and I'm worried that we've left too much time on the clock for them to do something.

Somehow, we stop them again and get the ball back... but DeVito makes a rookie mistake and gets picked at our 40 with about 50 seconds to play. Surely we're toast now.

But then we get a TFL which takes them out of FG range [thankfully, Fedora had no confidence in their kicker].

You usually don't see that many chances. UNC really gave it away, but I'll take it.

The moment I thought we truly lost was when they were driving 24-20 and their RB broke that long run. I didn't think we were going to catch him and I just assumed it was 31-20 now and the nail in the coffin.

The inc pass left :02 there was no time to spike.
If he caught the ball there would have been 3 seconds as the ball hitting the ground over his head took an extra second to hit the turf.
Plus the clock stops after a first down.
If they had 2 seconds it would only take one second to spike the ball.

If he caught the ball there would have been 3 seconds as the ball hitting the ground over his head took an extra second to hit the turf.
Plus the clock stops after a first down.
If they had 2 seconds it would only take one second to spike the ball.

If we can't find a way to run off 2 seconds for a spike, we need a better hometown clock operator!

felt a lot like neither team wanted to win. The last 5 minutes of the game through double overtime was the most exciting football I can remember being present for.

I'm still shocked that UNC didn't go for two after they scored their TD in the first OT.

You're 1-4 and a 10 point underdog, and you have some excellent skill position players. Go put the ball in their hands -- all you need is 3 yards. We couldn't stop that little pitch-pass play all day.

I'm still shocked that UNC didn't go for two after they scored their TD in the first OT.

You're 1-4 and a 10 point underdog, and you have some excellent skill position players. Go put the ball in their hands -- all you need is 3 yards. We couldn't stop that little pitch-pass play all day.

Larry Fedora's play calling was baffling all game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom