See our early 2019 Syracuse football season predictions | Syracusefan.com

See our early 2019 Syracuse football season predictions

Good stuff. I would have named Shy Cullen as the wild card but maybe it is because I am his biggest fan.

Looking at this defense, I think it is pretty clear most will try and attack it via the run. That secondary is loaded and scary to throw to. Offensive coordinators will see no Slayton and no Guthrie and look to run the power game against us. I think just like last year, Shy is the answer here. Not sure what position but they are going to need his run stuffing abilities.

Good stuff. I would have named Shy Cullen as the wild card but maybe it is because I am his biggest fan.

Looking at this defense, I think it is pretty clear most will try and attack it via the run. That secondary is loaded and scary to throw to. Offensive coordinators will see no Slayton and no Guthrie and look to run the power game against us. I think just like last year, Shy is the answer here. Not sure what position but they are going to need his run stuffing abilities.
Agreed. My biggest hope, other than him qualifying and returning, is that shy has improved his coverage abilities.

We are a scary team with him and Tyrell Richards on the field at the same time.

BC tried to run it on us early last year. Got down 21-7, and even the King of the Meatheads had to largely ditch it(Brown threw 37 times vs. 27 designed runs).

Look up and down the skill positions. Every one of these kids is a playmaker and Tommy will be the perfect distributor. This offense is going to score so many points, I think we're going to make a lot of teams one dimensional and play right into our strengths(pass rushing and secondary).

BC tried to run it on us early last year. Got down 21-7, and even the King of the Meatheads had to largely ditch it(Brown threw 37 times vs. 27 designed runs).

Look up and down the skill positions. Every one of these kids is a playmaker and Tommy will be the perfect distributor. This offense is going to score so many points, I think we're going to make a lot of teams one dimensional and play right into our strengths(pass rushing and secondary).
Partially a result of Guthrie playing out of his mind the final half of the season. We need someone to step up and bring the same energy to the middle now that he and slayton are gone.

I’m right behind u tomcat. Love the way he plays and will start when he comes back. Aggressive and fast.

Agree and due to this, I am wary of going with the 4-2-5 Defense again. Hope we usually keep 3 backers on the field.

We can get away with only 2 LBs against the non-conference schedule.
But against the ACC, we are going to have to have 3 LBs in many game situations.

Agree and due to this, I am wary of going with the 4-2-5 Defense again. Hope we usually keep 3 backers on the field.
If shy and Tyrell man then2 backer spot and with the knew downhill mentality we craved for and trill at 6’2” 210 being the nickel we should do awesome in that. He is lb size. Can do anything on the field. I am good with 4-2or 4-3.

This kind of post makes me giddy. We are full of playmakers up and down the lineup.
The key will be getting ahead; then we can turn our pass rush loose, and we have an All-American defensive backfield; literally one of the best in the country next year.

Plus the best special teams, and a power running game. Wow.

Freaking WOW.

Lol at Mink having 4th and Kirby winning the Playoff. Only thing UGA is winning this year is "most guys locked up before the season starts".
Is there a prize for that?

If shy and Tyrell man then2 backer spot and with the knew downhill mentality we craved for and trill at 6’2” 210 being the nickel we should do awesome in that. He is lb size. Can do anything on the field. I am good with 4-2or 4-3.

Or move foster up into the box... there is a lot you can do with the nickel personnel that is really just a 4-3

Personally I can not wait to see tommy for a year. The kid plays quarterback like someone playing super techmo bowl. He seems like he is trying to score a touchdown every play. I love it.

All depends on injuries.
Healthy 10-2
Injured 7-5
Best guess 9-3
Next year look out!

I am in the same boat. It's hard for me to look at the schedule, even if I am being particularly pessimistic, it's hard for me to get under 7-5. 7-5 is if, in my view, nearly everything goes wrong. It's crazy to be talking about the program in these terms, but I genuinely feel it's true!

I keep trying to talk myself into being conservative and patient. But when I look at the schedule, I just struggle to see 4/4+ losses.

8-4 is the floor hopefully.

OL & TD are the keys to the season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom