Seems odd to hear a "victim" that is so open in interviews... | Syracusefan.com

Seems odd to hear a "victim" that is so open in interviews...

liljoe

Scout Team
Usually these victims are hidden behind a blue blob with an abnormally deep voice. Usually sound very reprehensive about sharing their story. They usually feel some sort of shame (misguided shame for those that have been truly victimized).

But here with Bobby Davis we seem to have an exception to the rule. Open interviews, relatively detailed. Odd that he would subject himself to another interview just to counter JB's arguments. Don't typically see victims engage in a public debate.

And the one that really has me shake my head- people don't typically like to share in public that they were in a consensual homosexual affair for 9 years, when Davis was 18-27.

Maybe this does fit the typical victim profile, but I've never seen it.

No it does not fit the normal picture of what a molestation victim would be doing. It does however fit the description of what someone with an axe to grind or looking for a pay day would do. See our nation's political scene.

Schwarz miscalculated on that. If they hid these guys behind those blobs it would have concealed how sketchy they really are and add that ominous "this must be true" feel to the story. Since he orchestrating a "Reality TV drama" with this whole thing, I'm surprised he flubbed on this point.

Mr. Davis, during your public pronouncements in November 2011, were you at anytime coached on what to say - or how to say it by Mr. Schwartz?

The odd part is they showed their faces.Usually they would be behind a screen or blacked out.But maybe they figured everyone knew who they were from the last investigation so their was no reason to hide.

I get the funny feeling that Schwartz initiated contact with Davis after the PSU storm. He told him to find 1 collaborator and he would air his story. And as mentioned above probably coached them on what to say. He certainly led them in the interview, which seemed like an interview of a victim AFTER an accused was already convicted and locked away.

Wow, thanks for the inspiration ESPN, this game of speculation is really fun...

I get the funny feeling that Schwartz initiated contact with Davis after the PSU **** storm. He told him to find 1 collaborator and he would air his story. And as mentioned above probably coached them on what to say. He certainly led them in the interview, which seemed like an interview of a victim AFTER an accused was already convicted and locked away.

Wow, thanks for the inspiration ESPN, this game of speculation is really fun...
I have no doubt that Schwartz initiated contact after PSU

Drunk witness #2 stated 8 years agoe he wasn't molested, now he says he was, why is espn not reporting this, why?

Drunk witness #2 stated 8 years agoe he wasn't molested, now he says he was, why is espn not reporting this, why?

You mean this?

"One thing neither Davis nor the newspaper could find was a second accuser. Davis gave The Post-Standard the names of numerous men who he said had hung around Fine’s house as children. Two Post-Standard reporters interviewed as many of those men as they could. None — including Davis’ step-brother, Michael Lang — said they were molested by Fine.
Davis became frustrated with The Post-Standard in 2003 after the newspaper’s editors decided there was insufficient evidence at that time to justify publishing a story.

Without telling The Post-Standard, Davis contacted ESPN. He tried to persuade a Syracuse man who grew up near Fine’s house, whom Davis suspected was abused, to tell ESPN about his experiences. The man got on the phone in Davis’ presence and told ESPN that Fine had not molested him, Davis later told The Post-Standard."

Probably because it alone should be enough to undermine the corroboration that they are using to justify their running with the story this time around.

Interesting. Not one of the numerous PSU victims have been interviewed publicly, but this guy has already been interviewed twice by ESPN. Things that make you go hmmmmm...

Interesting. Not one of the numerous PSU victims have been interviewed publicly, but this guy has already been interviewed twice by ESPN. Things that make you go hmmmmm...

Not really. The victims at PSU are acting like typical victims, and not pimping themselves out for interviews. The PSU victims probably don't want to be known. That is why the grand jury indictment refers to them by number.

They appeared to have a second interview with the drunk step brother today on OTL. In that, if you really read between the lines on what he says, you can interpret that he really believes his brother was molested and made up his story to "take one for the team" so his brother would get listened to.

If this Kid is a syracuse fan then its interesting he comes out and claims it was on road trips to.

Wasn't bernies house enough destruction to get tons of money, build a case, and save the basketball program he loves. It makes me wonder if he wants JB to go down or if he lost his love for the programs future (diehard fans usually don't).

Or maybe he just wants to tell what he sees as the entire truth/acting lie. Maybe he feels his case will gain less power if it only happened at Bernies house.

Why would Bernie continue to do it at his house but stop doing it with him on the road?? That doesn't add up to me. When Tim Welsh was there no kids went into Bernies room.

Would the alleged victim get less money from the university if it only happened at Bernies house and not on the road? Would it be looked as more of a non-university case?

I would like to see the Post Standard take this story on and report it as a responsible news outlet should. At the same time, do a "fact by fact" type analysis versus how Mark Swartz is reporting it. Call this guy out for the impartial, twisted way he has thus far presented the accusations as pure fact.