Selection Sunday Thread... | Syracusefan.com

Selection Sunday Thread...

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Db_g2t4X4AAHBHK.jpg

Based on travel/location, I could see Denver going to ND and Rutgers/OSU coming to the dome

Would love a rematch with Rutgers

Quint's plan only requires 2 plane rides (Richmond to Yale, and Denver to Syracuse).

Your plan requires a third flight (Ohio St to Syracuse).

What are people’s thought on if it’ll be Rutgers or OSU getting in?

What are people’s thought on if it’ll be Rutgers or OSU getting in?

I don't think either makes it in. here's how I see it:

Top 8:
1. Yale
2. Albany
3. Maryland
4. Hopkins
5. Duke
6. Notre Dame
7. Loyola
8. Virginia.

I think Syracuse draws Loyola (to avoid the Virginia rematch).

Last 4 in:
Syracuse
Denver
Cornell
Villanove

Last 4 out:
Rutgers
Ohio State
Bucknell
Navy

Quints bracket shows how smart it was for Desko to make our schedule soo difficult. Seeing that 3 teams that beat us in the regular season are ranked below us is somewhat shocking with our 8-6 record. Blown out by Cornell and Rutgers and they are fighting for spots. Today's a good day.

The Cornell and Rutgers games were not blow outs. Albany and Hopkins were blow outs.

The Cornell and Rutgers games were not blow outs. Albany and Hopkins were blow outs.
Whereas I agree with you re: Rutgers (tied 8-8 late in the 3rd, RU went on a run), we were losing to Cornell 10-4 going into the 4th. If not a blow out, it wasn't that close at all.

Final score was still 13-8. Only a 5 goal game. Not exactly a blow out.

We want Yale to win, right?

I would not mind facing Albany, Rutgers or Cornell again. My opinion only but with a few adjustments we could possibly revenge the blowout to the Danes (how sweet would that be ) and easily reverse the score on the other two

11-6.

I think we're getting a rematch next week. :rolleyes:
Bring it on. Dont care how good Cornell looks right now, would like the chance to revenge our loss. Our attack can score on them n their goalie cant be hotter than he was. Trimboli is back, Dordevic never left , Lipka was hard cover for them. Varello can handle their fogo. Faceguard Teat, drop Kennedy back to cd and let Mellen n Co defend 5x5. Dearth now at DM, Helmer is now at full health. Colgate thrashing gives us MO'. Dom and srs ready to shock

The Cornell goalie stood on his head today and Yale looked really sloppy. If we do get a rematch, we need to ride them like camels. They turned it over at least 6 times on failed clears. Also, Teat turned it over at least three times with stick checks by a shortie. We can do this. Their offense looks a lot like ours. They are always looking for the quick cutter.

Don’t forget that Cornell played their backup vs Cuse and Desko didn’t know of the switch till game time.

Don’t forget that Cornell played their backup vs Cuse and Desko didn’t know of the switch till game time.
Fake news by a fellow despicable which tempers . At least we have the lefty dislike in common lol. Knight had played in the previous game vs Harvard before his public injury and every laymen knew that he was questionable. I do recall Desko mentioning that in one of his previews. Bullen was unfortunately excellent against us, cant imagine Knight being better that night but both of tCornell's goaltenders are very good . Cuse has to consider locking Teat if we meet again

Hard to believe Cornell, a team that was probably out if they lost today, played its way into hosting as a 7 seed. But anything is possible.

Today's win jumped Cornell up to #9 in RPI, bumping UVa to 10 and SU to 11, meaning SU is no longer a Top 10 win for anyone. Yale also fell to 6, so they are no longer a Top 5 win. So, Cornell has a Top 10 win, and 2 Top 20 wins (SU, Penn) - Penn St is now 22, so they drop out of Cornell's resume. SU, OTOH, still has 2 Top 5 wins (Duke, ND) and a Top 10 (UVa). SU has a SOS of 2, while Cornell is at 13. As crazy as it sounds, it's not outside the realm of possibility to see SU hosting Cornell. Probability? No. But it's possible.
upload_2018-5-6_15-19-45.gif

More likely is SU traveling to Ithaca, or even Loyola.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom