Semi-OT: Cantor to Rutgers* | Syracusefan.com

Semi-OT: Cantor to Rutgers*

Had not seen that. What a step down for her. Of course, Barchi should be gone anyway, so maybe she steps into his spot. She's done a lot of good things for SU, and I will always appreciate that she is a sports fan. I wish her well in...um..Newark. Ugh!

Nancy Cantor always wanted to be Chancellor of a B1G university. Rutgers-Newark may be as close as she's going to get.

Well, this is only going to reinforce the rumors that the BOT was not going to rehire her when her current contract expired - whether true or not. Big step back for her.

It will be interesting to see who they choose as the next chancellor.

Cheers,
Neil

So much for the vote of confidence by Christie. Guy is tough and no fool. Said nice things in public and then quietly worked for an assassination!

It's only a matter of time before Rutgers-Newark commands the NYC market.

So much for the vote of confidence by Christie. Guy is tough and no fool. Said nice things in public and then quietly worked for an assassination!

Not replacing Barchi, she will be reporting to him. Unless, of course, you think it's a trial run to replace him. ;)

Cheers,
Neil

Newark

Nancy Cantor always wanted to be Chancellor of a B1G university. Rutgers-Newark may be as close as she's going to get.
She was Chancellor of Illinois before she came to SU.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Syracuse is considered one of the best gigs out there. Our last two Chancellors hired have been Chancellors from Illinois and Wisconsin.

I take this as she wants to get back to the NYC area for her last job...a step down but still a nice paycheck.

I am assuming his days are numbered. Maybe I am just a cynic.

This must be killing the Buttgers fanbois.

Most likely the opposite, they'll think they pulled a quick one on us even though I personally don't think she would have been offered a new contract as chancellor from what all I've heard. I guess I wish her well but frankly, I don't really care.

Cantor and SU announced last October that she was leaving. This is just one last job before retirement. She did NOT leave SU to take this job. :rolleyes:

Most likely the opposite, they'll think they pulled a quick one on us even though I personally don't think she would have been offered a new contract as chancellor from what all I've heard. I guess I wish her well but frankly, I don't really care.

First of all, they didn't pull a fast one on us. People don't voluntarily take 300k paycuts. She "resigned" about a year ago and wasnt coming back here.

Second, she's going to Rutgers Newark, not the main campus.

Third, the wee one will always be thought of kindly by me only because of the ACC stuff but overall there is a reason she was not asked back. (See: USNWR rankings). Other than the ACC stuff, I see it as a positive that she was let go. The next chancellor needs to be a 180 from what Chancy Nancy was all about.

I'd put "tough" and "fool" together and just call Christie a "tool".

First of all, they didn't pull a fast one on us. People don't voluntarily take 300k paycuts. She "resigned" about a year ago and wasnt coming back here.

Second, she's going to Rutgers Newark, not the main campus.

Third, the wee one will always be thought of kindly by me only because of the ACC stuff but overall there is a reason she was not asked back. (See: USNWR rankings). Other than the ACC stuff, I see it as a positive that she was let go. The next chancellor needs to be a 180 from what Chancy Nancy was all about.

I sincerely hope that if her contract wasn't being renewed it had nothing whatsoever to do with something so arbitrary as USNWR rankings.

Cheers,
Neil

LOL--they can have her.
In honor of our new board hottie...

What would Sean Avery have to say about this?
s-SEAN-large.jpg