Semi-OT -- Colt Brennan article from SI | Syracusefan.com

Semi-OT -- Colt Brennan article from SI

A very tough read, a story that my wife and I have lived for the last 12 years with our oldest son now 33, I had a lump in my throat the whole time I read it. I coached my son in Little League and travel baseball we both love sports especially baseball and SU basketball, we rarely speak now and he is not allowed in our house, the house he grew up in, for more than a few minutes. We pray everyday that he stays safe and will eventually overcome this disease. Thank You for posting.

A very tough read, a story that my wife and I have lived for the last 12 years with our oldest son now 33, I had a lump in my throat the whole time I read it. I coached my son in Little League and travel baseball we both love sports especially baseball and SU basketball, we rarely speak now and he is not allowed in our house, the house he grew up in, for more than a few minutes. Everyone has an opinion about addicts, until its a spouse, child or close friend. Thank You for posting.
So sorry, this has to be one of the most different things for a parent. Your heart and soul wants to save your child from addiction but it is ultimately their fight to overcome.

A very tough read, a story that my wife and I have lived for the last 12 years with our oldest son now 33, I had a lump in my throat the whole time I read it. I coached my son in Little League and travel baseball we both love sports especially baseball and SU basketball, we rarely speak now and he is not allowed in our house, the house he grew up in, for more than a few minutes. We pray everyday that he stays safe and will eventually overcome this disease. Thank You for posting.
So sorry to hear this. I have 5 young kids and it's my worst fear for them. I simply can't imagine how hard it must be. My sincerest of prayers go to you, your wife, and your son. Hang in there and know that your Syracusefan family here is here for you.

Wow. That's really powerful. Best wishes to you, your family, and your son, Rautins07.

My parents lived this with me for years, and it's now a distant memory. Family man with 4 kids and business owner now. There's always still hope, we do recover. On Colt, he was a good friend of a good friend. I'm not going to pretend like I knew him well, but by all accounts he was a good soul.

My parents lived this with me for years, and it's now a distant memory. Family man with 4 kids and business owner now. There's always still hope, we do recover. On Colt, he was a good friend of a good friend. I'm not going to pretend like I knew him well, but by all accounts he was a good soul.
Good for you Cali, that is incredible.