Semi-OT: Miami turnover chain | Syracusefan.com

Semi-OT: Miami turnover chain

FAL

No comment.
Watched first half of Louisville-Miami game, like I’m sure many of us did. After he Intercepted a L’ville pass, the Miami defender was presented the “turnover chain”. No problem with that, except the damn thing looked like a pistol, especially when it was turned over and viewed from the all-metal side! Not a good look in this day and age, imho. (Look up a video yourself, I’m too lazy to do it.)
81C94126-122E-454B-95C4-C6FBEB249044.jpeg

Flip that sucker over...IT LOOKS LIKE A PISTOL!

Last edited:
Watched first half of Louisville-Miami game, like I’m sure many of us did. After he Intercepted a L’ville pass, the Miami defender was presented the “turnover chain”. No problem with that, except the damn thing looked like a pistol, especially when it was turned over and viewed from the all-metal side! Not a good look in this day and age, imho. (Look up a video yourself, I’m too lazy to do it.)
View attachment 188303

The Pitt dunk was kinda cooler.

Why don’t we do anything fun?

I can’t hate... that chain is fire
The chain is tacky. The actual... umm... charm? What is the proper necklace terminology? Whatever, the U logo and colors on top of the state of Florida looks good.

Hate watching the clowning on the sideline, but appreciate that they can have that swagger. I’m a touch jelly.

View attachment 188303
I thought it was a gun, too.

A once elite program is now best known for a tacky gimmick

There has been nothing close to elite about them since they joined the ACC.

The players like it. This years team looks the real deal. Not many active QBs I would take over King.

View attachment 188303

Seriously?

It looks like a pistol “when it’s flipped over”

And Tom Selleck looks like Hitler If you shave the sides of his mustache.

Who’s going to think of the children?

I think the chain looks like the state of Florida but I'm not a violent guy so maybe its just me.

The ACC desperately needs someone other than Clemson and Notre Dame to be legit and a national contender this year so if Miami wants to do their part for once thats fine. Last year was pathetic when people were probably correct in saying that the Aack was better.

It's clearly the state of Florida and that's exactly what's intended. They even have all of the counties lined out. My kids can take any toy in our house and make it into a gun. I would hope adults would look at that cheesy chain and not immediately think that's what it looks like.

It's clearly the state of Florida and that's exactly what's intended. They even have all of the counties lined out. My kids can take any toy in our house and make it into a gun. I would hope adults would look at that cheesy chain and not immediately think that's what it looks like.
The borders of Florida are problematic.

View attachment 188303

what if one were to turn it sideways and place it by ones crotch. Then what would it look like.

Wish I could find a pic of when it is turned over...the “U” (as in the U in university) looks like a trigger guard for a pistol. There is a less-than-subtle subliminal image of a pistol. Not a good message.
Somebody more adept at internet searches will help me out...*gulp*... I hope.:(

In fairness, this is the []_[]. I can see where imaginations could run wild.

A once elite program is now best known for a tacky gimmick

The way Diaz has recruited, they're on the fast track to being back in the Top 25 perennially.

Wish I could find a pic of when it is turned over...the “U” (as in the U in university) looks like a trigger guard for a pistol. There is a less-than-subtle subliminal image of a pistol. Not a good message.
E2FDC3A3-BE28-4911-91C6-E40BD7A17FE3.jpeg

CFFECFE0-8536-49F5-B308-2AC84C0C664E.jpeg