Semi-OT This Memphis BB poster is FIRE. I'm kinda jealous. | Syracusefan.com

Semi-OT This Memphis BB poster is FIRE. I'm kinda jealous.

NYCorange

2nd String
1e15b6d.jpg

Penny has never been a college head coach before. He’s gonna recruit well because of his AAU roots and Memphis and Southeast high school connections, but it remains to be seen if he has what it takes to succeed running a D1 program with a rabid fan base and being an in-game coach at this level. He has zero experience in that regard. If they are patient and give him time to grow, he may put it together. But he could also fall flat on his face. I’m intrigued but it remains to be seen how this experiment will go, and we probably won’t know for a few years.

Posters are fine. All I know is that Penny is winless as a college coach.
He might as well be coaching Missouri because he’s going to have to show me something first.

Penny has never been a college head coach before. He’s gonna recruit well because of his AAU roots and Memphis and Southeast high school connections, but it remains to be seen if he has what it takes to succeed running a D1 program with a rabid fan base and being an in-game coach at this level. He has zero experience in that regard. If they are patient and give him time to grow, he may put it together. But he could also fall flat on his face. I’m intrigued but it remains to be seen how this experiment will go, and we probably won’t know for a few years.
Personally, I think he'll be really successful. But you're right in that we don't really know. So much of coaching is getting the talent. He's stealing the #1 2019 recruit away from UK right now--it's nice to see coach Cal getting a taste of his own medicine. :D

A lot of checks are going to be cut to get kids to Memphis.

The funeral business? Some of those dudes look like zombies...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom