Seniors returning

syrBossHogg

All American
I thought I'd start a thread focused on which Seniors have either expressed interest in returning next season or have confirmed to the media that they will be returning. We can keep this thread updated if we learn a player will or won't be returning.

Aaron Hackett

HRE Otto IV

All Conference
If there are no roster limits we should invite everyone back. Whether a RS-SR, SR, or RS-JR. That is assuming that the kid is not a problem nor a distract to his other teammates. If a kid is a bad apple then send him packing.

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Returning seniors who were granted an extra year of COVID eligibility don't count towards the 85.

But we still have to be at or below 85 between returning underclassmen, and incoming freshmen/transfers.

There are 66 underclassmen who could return, plus we already have 21 recruits. 66 + 21 = 87.

Clearly the staff already knows that some players will be taking their degrees or transferring elsewhere.

Moontan

2017 ESPN College Bowl Pick’em Winner
I would expect Cooney to explore an NFL camp.
SU already has another punter on scholarship who still has 4 years of eligibility remaining.

AngryOtto

2nd String
Players returning in my opinion
Hackett
Jonathan
Iffy

players leaving in my opinion
Servase
N Johnson
Black
Williams

players transferring in my opinion
S johnson
E hendricks
Pierre
TD
Thompson-bishop
Richards

player I hope leaves
Taj

Cusefan78

Starter
Players returning in my opinion
Hackett
Jonathan
Iffy

players leaving in my opinion
Servase
N Johnson
Black
Williams

players transferring in my opinion
S johnson
E hendricks
Pierre
TD
Thompson-bishop
Richards

player I hope leaves
Taj
I think td stays

phil77

All American
Do we want any upperclassmen on offense to stay? Defense is a different story but most of the week to week issues on offense are caused by upperclassmen. Drops fumbles miss blocks penalties are almost always by an upperclassmen on offense.

FloridaFan

All American
I would expect Cooney to explore an NFL camp.
SU already has another punter on scholarship who still has 4 years of eligibility remaining.
If he isn’t looking good for a camp he can come back one more year and our other punter can redshirt and still have 4 more years. Especially if Cooney won’t count for a scholie

sutomcat

Former Iggy Winner. I used to be somebody special
Staff member
Do we want any upperclassmen on offense to stay? Defense is a different story but most of the week to week issues on offense are caused by upperclassmen. Drops fumbles miss blocks penalties are almost always by an upperclassmen on offense.
This involves Airon Servais, Chris Elmore, Nykeim Johnson, Pat Davis, Abdul Adams and Aaron Hackett.

I would definitely want Servais. Johnson and Hackett back. We have a dearth of slot receivers right now and for that reason. losing Johnson is a big loss. He contributes big things on special teams too.

When Servais is healthy, he is our best OT. Hackett has been a solid TE who can block and catch the ball, and is a big red zone weapon. Like with Airon, he has played hurt most or all of the season. Those two are capable of a lot more than they have shown this year.

Not sure Davis or Adams would get a lot of PT. Everything I have read about Elmore says he is a great kid and teammate, so I would want him back too. He would probably return to his old FB/H-back role, though he might get some playing time on the DL too.

CapitalO

Walk On
This involves Airon Servais, Chris Elmore, Nykeim Johnson, Pat Davis, Abdul Adams and Aaron Hackett.

I would definitely want Servais. Johnson and Hackett back. We have a dearth of slot receivers right now and for that reason. losing Johnson is a big loss. He contributes big things on special teams too.

When Servais is healthy, he is our best OT. Hackett has been a solid TE who can block and catch the ball, and is a big red zone weapon. Like with Airon, he has played hurt most or all of the season. Those two are capable of a lot more than they have shown this year.

Not sure Davis or Adams would get a lot of PT. Everything I have read about Elmore says he is a great kid and teammate, so I would want him back too. He would probably return to his old FB/H-back role, though he might get some playing time on the DL too.
Another issue that comes to my mind is if Jarveon leaves the program and Pierre decides not to come back for a 5th year that would most certainly require us to recruit another RB , although I think a kid like Pena could pack on another 10 lbs. of muscle and switch to RB I saw his film from HS. and he is very fast and shifty.

kcsu

Living Legend
I hope all seniors return.
Want Elmore and he should be named one of two captains for the whole year. F this weekly bs.
Want Serv again Captain for the year.
Cooney for sure kids a weapon.
Nyk again another weapon.

Consigliere

Left the gun; took the cannoli
I see no reason to turn away any senior who wants to be here so long as they are not a malignant personality
I think the precedent has been established with the spring sports athletes. Any senior who wants to return and is in good academic standing will be allowed to return. Going to be another big financial hit, but it's the right thing to do.

FloridaFan

All American
I want Cooney back the most so we can have 3 punters in the league at the same time after he kills it next year

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom