Serious Question... | Syracusefan.com

Serious Question...

Carlsberg

Walk On
With Texas and OU going to SEC, would it have not made sense for the ACC to add a Cincinnati Bearcat or a Houston Cougar team...Not as a move for traditional regional rivalries, but as a move to add the Ohio, Kentucky Metro and Texas media markets to the ACC...Houston and Cincy Bball is on par in basketball, and the football would add to the league as well.

Or even to a Vanderbilt, hey you guys cannot compete in football, but with Clark Lea, you have an opportunity to compete in Basketball, football, and baseball etc...I've always thought Vandy should go to the ACC or Big 10 based on Academic standards...But then again the SEC buyout to leave is what 55M, or higher?

Texas doesn’t work from a geographical standpoint.

With Texas and OU going to SEC, would it have not made sense for the ACC to add a Cincinnati Bearcat or a Houston Cougar team...Not as a move for traditional regional rivalries, but as a move to add the Ohio, Kentucky Metro and Texas media markets to the ACC...Houston and Cincy Bball is on par in basketball, and the football would add to the league as well.
No other conference has more “TV sets.”

We good.

Texas doesn’t work from a geographical standpoint.
With Football it's once a week, and 2 times a week in bball in conference. Just wondering why ACC wouldn't contemplate expansion. Also I've had a couple of brewskis, but it's interesting to think of Vanderbilt to ACC, and Nashville's expansion geographically...Vanderbilt with Football, Basketball and baseball would add a lot, and they may able to compete a bit in football as opposed to being a bottom dweller in ACC...I know the exit fee for SEC is like 55-100M etc.

This round of realignment isn’t about TV markets, especially as the shift is made to streaming.

Cougar High? You can't be serious.

This round of realignment isn’t about TV markets, especially as the shift is made to streaming.
Don't understand your point. TV's are in the same households whether hooked to cable or streaming.

Don't understand your point. TV's are in the same households whether hooked to cable or streaming.
The Big 10 added Rutgers and Maryland specifically as a means of getting the Big 10 Network added to cable line ups in the NYC and DC metros.

That's not a factor any more. As an ESPN+ subscriber, I can watch any game I want on their platform - I don't need my cable provider to add ESPNU or the ACC Network so I can catch games.

If divisions didn't exist you could add Cincy and go 4 + 5/5. But even then Notre Dame and the SEC screws that because Clemson and FSU won't want to play 11 P5 games per year.

I hope the end game is 5 conferences of 16 teams with 4 divisions in each conference. That allows you to play everyone home and away over 4 years with 10 conference games. The P5 becomes D1A. The G5 and some of the top FCS schools form D1AA. And the remaining FCS schools become D1AAA. There would be plenty schools in D1A with 80 in total. OOC games become much more interesting too without the G5 and FCS teams to pad up on.

SEC
North- Kentucky, Mizzou, Tennessee, Vandy
South- Bama, LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss
East- Auburn, Florida, UGA, South Carolina
West- A&M, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas

B1G
North- Michigan State, Minnesota, Northwestern, Wisconsin
South- Illinois, Indiana, Ohio State, Purdue
East- Maryland, Michigan, Penn State, Rutgers
West- Iowa, Iowa State, Kansas, Nebraska

ACC
North- BC, Miami, Notre Dame, SU
South- FSU, GA Tech, NC State, Wake
East- Clemson, Duke, UNC, UVA
West- Cincy, Louisville, Pitt, VA Tech

P12
North- Oregon, Oregon State, Washington, Washington State
South- Arizona, Arizona State, UNLV, Utah
East- Colorado, Houston, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech
West- Cal, Standford, UCLA, USC

B12
North- Boise State, Colorado State, Kansas State, Wyoming
South- Baylor, New Mexico, SMU, TCU
East- Memphis, UCF, USF, West Virginia
West- BYU, Fresno State, Nevada, San Diego State

That leaves behind the states of Connecticut and Hawaii, plus the service academies.

Or even to a Vanderbilt, hey you guys cannot compete in football, but with Clark Lea, you have an opportunity to compete in Basketball, football, and baseball etc...I've always thought Vandy should go to the ACC or Big 10 based on Academic standards...But then again the SEC buyout to leave is what 55M, or higher?
I don’t believe the SEC even has a buyout because you would be crazy to leace

yeah if you haven't noticed they and Cincy are markedly better at Football than we are so yes I'm serious.
Houston's academics don't come close to ACC standards.

And our academics weren't up to Big 10 standards, and the reason we never got a Big 10 invite.
What has that have to do with Houston and the ACC?

it's very possible the ACC looked to add... if it was Cincy or Houston or whomever... but Cincy, Houston, BYU, and UCF took the invite from the Big 12, so this whole discussion is moot

And our academics weren't up to Big 10 standards, and the reason we never got a Big 10 invite.
If we hadn't already jumped to the ACC and if our football program wasn't garbage, the B1G IMO would have taken us 1st and then likely Rutgers.

it's very possible the ACC looked to add... if it was Cincy or Houston or whomever... but Cincy, Houston, BYU, and UCF took the invite from the Big 12, so this whole discussion is moot
Yep. I doubt the ACC was looking to add. But I guarantee that UC would have accepted by the time Swofford said "Would..." UC would prefer to be in a conference with Louisville as they have for most of the past 100 years. But they HAD to get into a P5 no matter how and the B12 asked. At least UC has WVU as a rival again.

Oh and for others...Vandy is not going anywhere.

Still can soon enough or better. the big 12 will take a big hit from Texas & Oklahoma leaving. Plus Cincinnati is a coach change away from being where there normally at.
Houston has much more potential IMO

If we hadn't already jumped to the ACC and if our football program wasn't garbage, the B1G IMO would have taken us 1st and then likely Rutgers.
We lack some programs like a Medical School for instance for the B1G. In our current t state, we match up better with the ACC.

We lack some programs like a Medical School for instance for the B1G. In our current t state, we match up better with the ACC.
I agree that we are a better fit in the ACC. But the B1G had studied SU, RU, Mizzou, Kansas. Had Maryland not bankrupted their AD they wouldn't have been a low hanging fruit. If SU hadn't jumped to the ACC, IMO we would have been invited. We will never know for sure.

I agree that we are a better fit in the ACC. But the B1G had studied SU, RU, Mizzou, Kansas. Had Maryland not bankrupted their AD they wouldn't have been a low hanging fruit. If SU hadn't jumped to the ACC, IMO we would have been invited. We will never know for sure.
The ACC losing Maryland was big!! Water under the bridge now though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom