Seriously Aresco? | Syracusefan.com

Seriously Aresco?

He's lying, but then again, what can he say at this point?

He's lying, but then again, what can he say at this point?
I think he should either not comment or at least say he is concerned about the situation that could prove to be the end of the BE. Saying he's confident makes him, as you say, a liar.

Well, sure, it's a conference. The question is, is it a good conference? The answer is obviously no.

I think he should either not comment or at least say he is concerned about the situation that could prove to be the end of the BE. Saying he's confident makes him, as you say, a liar.

It's not a lie, it's about how one defines "viable".

The remains of the Big East are a bunch of Division 1, all-sports playing schools who have competed successfully at the D-1 level for a number of years. Are they anywhere close to the quality of the 5 major conferences? Hells no. But they are viable in the sense that presumably they will field competitive teams, and will many years put their champ into the BCS as the Group of Five representative. And they'll probably put as many, or more, hoops teams into the NCAA tourney as the new Catholic league.

Not stable, not premiere... but viable.

It's not a lie, it's about how one defines "viable".

The remains of the Big East are a bunch of Division 1, all-sports playing schools who have competed successfully at the D-1 level for a number of years. Are they anywhere close to the quality of the 5 major conferences? Hells no. But they are viable in the sense that presumably they will field competitive teams, and will many years put their champ into the BCS as the Group of Five representative. And they'll probably put as many, or more, hoops teams into the NCAA tourney as the new Catholic league.

Not stable, not premiere... but viable.
No argument there but if it were me, I would not be confident that it will remain a viable conference. Almost every single member if not every single one, is looking for a new home. I don't share his confidence.

Here’s a partial transcript of what Aresco had to say:
Q. What’s your level of confidence that the Big East will remain a viable conference?
A. We’re obviously confident.

How can he say that with a straight face?

joe-isuzu_100177622_m.jpg

Here’s a partial transcript of what Aresco had to say:
Q. What’s your level of confidence that the Big East will remain a viable conference?
A. We’re obviously confident.

How can he say that with a straight face?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...b80652-4a1e-11e2-820e-17eefac2f939_story.html

He was the right guy to navigate the media space, contracts, etc to maximize the value of the league.

He is not the right guy to handle the membership revolts that were unforeseen at time of his hire.

What the Mayans failed to mention is that 12/21/2012 is the end of the big east conference, not the world. You can all come out of your basements and eat as much creamed corn as you want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom