Set Davis Has SU 2nd | Syracusefan.com

Set Davis Has SU 2nd

Kansas has no business being in the top 10 really. And Baylor may have got a raw deal. Definitely better than florida.

UK played two good teams and lost to both. Their best win is a neutral site vs Providence. They have no business being ranked over about 20 other teams that have 1 or 0 losses and better wins on the resume.

I think Florida has 2 losses, not sure about that though.

Baylor has beat Colorado who just beat KU, Dayton, Arkansas, UK and there only loss is to us. Not a bad resume for early season.

Wait KU is in the top 10 with 2 losses! Who have they beaten? Its funny how these guys rate certain teams so highly but don't rate winning against them very highly.

Should we be #2? Based on what has transpired so far this year I would have to say yes.

Are we the 2nd best team right now? Impossible to judge based on such a wide variety of competition that all the teams have played. I've watched a lot of games over the past couple of weeks and we definitely deserve to be among the top 5 right now.

So much of these early rankings are all dependent upon your ranking before the season started. If you started in the top 10 and have two losses thus far then your ranking may seem to be overinflated if you are now in the top 10 or 15. If you were unranked to start the year and are perfect thus far then it is so difficult to crack that top 10 or 15.

Rankings in December are interesting and provide a good basis for discussion. Do they mean a lot right now? I think we each have to make our own conclusions on that. I give more credence to rankings starting in mid January after a few conference games are in the books.

Just my humble opinions.

Should we be #2? Based on what has transpired so far this year I would have to say yes.

Are we the 2nd best team right now? Impossible to judge based on such a wide variety of competition that all the teams have played. I've watched a lot of games over the past couple of weeks and we definitely deserve to be among the top 5 right now.

So much of these early rankings are all dependent upon your ranking before the season started. If you started in the top 10 and have two losses thus far then your ranking may seem to be overinflated if you are now in the top 10 or 15. If you were unranked to start the year and are perfect thus far then it is so difficult to crack that top 10 or 15.

Rankings in December are interesting and provide a good basis for discussion. Do they mean a lot right now? I think we each have to make our own conclusions on that. I give more credence to rankings starting in mid January after a few conference games are in the books.

Just my humble opinions.
The rankings are important because they focus media attention and that impacts recruiting. If you're in the top 10 they show your game highlights on ESPN SportsCenter all night and the talking heads talk about the team and the players. You better believe that high schools recruits watch that stuff and it reinforces the image of those programs as "big time" and highly desirable destinations. It's not about whether the rankings measure which team is better...it's about media attention.

Seth Davis ‏@SethDavisHoops15s
1. Ariz 2. Syr 3. OhSt 4. MichSt 5. Duke 6. Lou 7. Kan 8. Wisc 9. Wich St 10. UK 11. OkSt 12. Mem 13. UConn 14. Fla 15. Iowa St 16. Nova

I have a slight suspicion Ohio State might be overrated. The Bit Ten conference gets over represented IMHO. I guarantee you as soon as Ohio State loses one game Michigan State will swap positions with them in the polls. And I think Duke is probably a better team than Wisconsin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom