Class of 2020 - Seth Towns | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 Seth Towns

I dont know if we’d be involved but he’s Moyers boy And would have two years of eligibility left. I’d also assume he’d be immediately eligible because of the medical redshirt unlike most Ivy League transfers because of their weird no grad transfers rule thing.

I dont know if we’d be involved but he’s Moyers boy And would have two years of eligibility left. I’d also assume he’d be immediately eligible because of the medical redshirt unlike most Ivy League transfers because of their weird no grad transfers rule thing.
He’d have 2 years of eligibility and could play right away

he is 6'7. And we wouldn't recruit him to play guard.
reminds me of Mike G, looks a little bigger and stronger.

We should go hard after him

Seth has been injured and out of basketball for 1.5 years (basically 2 years after this season). He is having season ending knee surgery. Ivy League doesn't do redshirts or grad transfers. You get 4 years to play there no matter what is my understanding.
I wonder if he'll want to go back home (Columbus, OH native). OSU is full, but I'm sure they could make room. Dayton could use a player of his capabilities.

Seth seems different though. He chose Harvard over the likes of Ohio State and Michigan. Towns wanted strong academics with athletics as majored in computer science. I read somewhere his dream is to work at Google and be a software developer after a playing career (that of course is if he is still able to have one-- and I say that only because of his knee injuries.

Get him healthy. This kid can ball. He was and Honorable Mention All-American and also the Ivy League POY as a sophomore just 2 seasons ago averaging 16 points and almost 7 boards. Gettings 2 years with his potential is a game changer for any program. Let's hope it is SU.

Also boys with Battle if I'm not mistaken.

What type of knee surgery? My main concern is the kid will have not played in two years.

He clearly has a lot of alpha in him. Take him manager his minutes and or practice time as needed to deal with any knee issues.

This is a kid you want in your locker room.

What type of knee surgery? My main concern is the kid will have not played in two years.
Not a lot of info out there on the specifics other than he is having season ending knee surgery. Also, sounds like the knee (not sure if it is one or both) has been a lingering injury.. not just this season.

There’s consequences for bringing a kid like this in. Forget forwards you’re currently recruiting (Benny).

Seems too risky from a physical condition standpoint. If EH leaves we are going to be desperate for forwards that can play immediately. Anyone going to be optimistic about our chances if we have to count on QG and MD for 37 mins per game next season?

I think we are in good shape for this kid if Hughes leaves
Playing a little (personal) catch up here, ... so if Hughes departs after this year, we are in good shape to get both Towns (Harvard) and Tape (Columbia)? Or only one of them? Thanks for the clarification (and I understand some further roster changes would be necessary).

What are we putting odds of Hughes leaving at?

100%? 99.9%? 75%? 50-50?

Really curious to hear. Still don't think he's a 1st rounder. Could play his way there next year with a better team and more exposure.

What are we putting odds of Hughes leaving at?

100%? 99.9%? 75%? 50-50?

Really curious to hear. Still don't think he's a 1st rounder. Could play his way there next year with a better team and more exposure.

He's currently projected to not even sniff the second round of the draft much less the first. The idea of him leaving this year is based on the fact that he's graduating and might want to just give it a shot this year and go get paid in Europe if he doesn't make it.

Other than he’s older, I’ve seen nothing leading me to believe Hughes is going to announce for the draft.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom