Class of 2020 - Seth Towns | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 Seth Towns

This could hurt our chances for landing Towns

I know you mean Tape, and you’re right. Don’t feel as good now. Though, I wouldn’t have felt good as well, if he had picked Duke. Sooo, I guess I’d only really like our chances if we landed Towns. OSU will have playing time for him, especially if Kaleb Wesson bolts to the NBA. Andre Wesson is done. Only bigs that they will have are Kyle Young, and Diallo, who played a whole 5 MPG. Wesson tested the waters after last season, but was only projected to be a 2nd rounder. It looks like he’s still in the 2nd round range. Surprising since he’s got good size, and has great range out to the 3 point line for a big fella. Not sure if he’s a 4, or a 5, but he’s got the size to bang down low, just may be a inch or two short for the 5 spot, though that’s not as big of a deal in today’s NBA.

OSU could probably put Wesson, and Tape on the floor together, so I’m not sure if it’s better he stays, or leaves, since Tape says he wants to play on a talented squad. And that he doesn’t absolutely have to start. A Towns, Tape, and Wesson front court would be pretty damn beastly, especially offensively. Throw in four solid guards, two of ‘em that shot 40% from deep, and another at 35%. Two juniors, a senior, and the talented kid that shot 40% from deep who is coming off an impressive freshman year. They’re gonna be pretty loaded if Wesson comes back for his senior year. Knowing our luck, he sticks around, and that sways Tape into joining Towns there. Even without Wesson, they should be damn good, if they add Tape.

Here’s to hoping that JB can pull this one off, and Tape visiting gives us the edge. I think we’ll be fine with the three headed monster at the 5, plus Marek, if necessary, but Tape gives us a piece we haven’t had in a while. That AO like big who can score around the basket with both hands, and anchor the zone with his wide body type. The Otis Hill, Etan, and McNeil type of physique. Not to say he would be anywhere near as good of a shot blocker as Etan, or Jeremy, but he did snag a respectable 1.3 BPG in just 22 MPG.

Also, it would give Jesse the option to redshirt, if he wanted to, so he could work on adding some LBs, and learn the defensive assignments at the 5 from watching. We could probably find 20 MPG for him, especially with Sid’s propensity for fouling. Sid got 24 MPG this year, so scaling back to 20 wouldn’t be too crazy, or disrespectful to Sid in his senior season. And maybe, a big maybe, Sid could get some run at the 4. If Ricky could do it, then I don’t see why Sid couldn’t. He’s not all that much different than a Rick, TRob, or Roberson. And we could utilize some high low action again, that we occasionally saw from the Rick/AO duo. Tape really would give us so many more options, especially on offense, and we wouldn’t be outmatched by very many teams on the glass anymore. With QG, and Marek rounding out the frontline. Ouu baby, does that sound pretty, or what?!

TL;DR - Come on down, Patrick! Screw Towns, and the B1G. Who wants to play Rutgers? Or get into rock fights with Wisconsin, Sparty, and those damn turtles. Show your mettle against the likes of UNC, Duke, and FSU. No better place to let the NBA know what you’re made of.

I know you mean Tape, and you’re right. Don’t feel as good now. Though, I wouldn’t have felt good as well, if he had picked Duke. Sooo, I guess I’d only really like our chances if we landed Towns. OSU will have playing time for him, especially if Kaleb Wesson bolts to the NBA. Andre Wesson is done. Only bigs that they will have are Kyle Young, and Diallo, who played a whole 5 MPG. Wesson tested the waters after last season, but was only projected to be a 2nd rounder. It looks like he’s still in the 2nd round range. Surprising since he’s got good size, and has great range out to the 3 point line for a big fella. Not sure if he’s a 4, or a 5, but he’s got the size to bang down low, just may be a inch or two short for the 5 spot, though that’s not as big of a deal in today’s NBA.

OSU could probably put Wesson, and Tape on the floor together, so I’m not sure if it’s better he stays, or leaves, since Tape says he wants to play on a talented squad. And that he doesn’t absolutely have to start. A Towns, Tape, and Wesson front court would be pretty damn beastly, especially offensively. Throw in four solid guards, two of ‘em that shot 40% from deep, and another at 35%. Two juniors, a senior, and the talented kid that shot 40% from deep who is coming off an impressive freshman year. They’re gonna be pretty loaded if Wesson comes back for his senior year. Knowing our luck, he sticks around, and that sways Tape into joining Towns there. Even without Wesson, they should be damn good, if they add Tape.

Here’s to hoping that JB can pull this one off, and Tape visiting gives us the edge. I think we’ll be fine with the three headed monster at the 5, plus Marek, if necessary, but Tape gives us a piece we haven’t had in a while. That AO like big who can score around the basket with both hands, and anchor the zone with his wide body type. The Otis Hill, Etan, and McNeil type of physique. Not to say he would be anywhere near as good of a shot blocker as Etan, or Jeremy, but he did snag a respectable 1.3 BPG in just 22 MPG.

Also, it would give Jesse the option to redshirt, if he wanted to, so he could work on adding some LBs, and learn the defensive assignments at the 5 from watching. We could probably find 20 MPG for him, especially with Sid’s propensity for fouling. Sid got 24 MPG this year, so scaling back to 20 wouldn’t be too crazy, or disrespectful to Sid in his senior season. And maybe, a big maybe, Sid could get some run at the 4. If Ricky could do it, then I don’t see why Sid couldn’t. He’s not all that much different than a Rick, TRob, or Roberson. And we could utilize some high low action again, that we occasionally saw from the Rick/AO duo. Tape really would give us so many more options, especially on offense, and we wouldn’t be outmatched by very many teams on the glass anymore. With QG, and Marek rounding out the frontline. Ouu baby, does that sound pretty, or what?!

TL;DR - Come on down, Patrick! Screw Towns, and the B1G. Who wants to play Rutgers? Or get into rock fights with Wisconsin, Sparty, and those damn turtles. Show your mettle against the likes of UNC, Duke, and FSU. No better place to let the NBA know what you’re made of.
No I meant Towns I was trying to make a joke lol

Towns is a proven commodity braswell is not.

I agree for the most part. But, Towns hasn’t played since 2018. Two seasons away from the game could make it difficult to adjust, and get up to speed in a new system, with coaches, and players that you’re not accustomed to playing with. It may take a minute to get his feet underneath him, and we can’t afford to start slow again. Don’t get me wrong, I would have loved to got him.

And yeah, Bras missed pretty much all of last year, but he’s going into his third year in JB’s system. He has the potential to be a lights out shooter, and hit 40+% from deep. I’ve said it before, but I’ll bring it up again. He may end up being the key piece to the 2022-2023 team that Dirty could have been for the 2013-2014 squad, if he just redshirted his first year here, instead of wasting the year by playing in 13 games, for a whopping 7.5 MPG.

We really needed another shooter, since Grant hadn’t developed his shot yet, and CJ regressed from hitting 47% of his threes to somehow only hitting 28%. Ennis, and Cooney were respectable at 35, and 37 percent, but we needed a third gunner out there, and Silent G wasn’t ready yet. He did hit 35%, but only played 15 MPG. CJ wouldn’t have had to play 38 MPG, and maybe in turn, his percent from deep goes up. Who knows how far we go if we had Dirty firing away from three that year. I think further than a 2nd round exit at the hands of Dayton, in a rock fight to 55.

I may be wrong, and Bras gets recruited over, so he doesn’t finish his career here, or play much if he does, but I’d love to see how it plays out. If Woody, or Benny beat him out, along with QG if he’s still here, then so be it. He showed some solid potential on the defensive end too, and even on the glass. Giving me hope that he could end up being a 12/5 type glue guy for the loaded 22-23 squad, similar to a senior year KrisJo. I know I’m making a lot of player comparisons, but he really is built like our prototypical forwards that can shoot, slash, and defend/rebound/block shots on the wing of the zone. It remains to be seen how well he will do blocking shots on the weak side, and hitting the boards. Looking forward to finding out.

I agree for the most part. But, Towns hasn’t played since 2018. Two seasons away from the game could make it difficult to adjust, and get up to speed in a new system, with coaches, and players that you’re not accustomed to playing with. It may take a minute to get his feet underneath him, and we can’t afford to start slow again. Don’t get me wrong, I would have loved to got him.

And yeah, Bras missed pretty much all of last year, but he’s going into his third year in JB’s system. He has the potential to be a lights out shooter, and hit 40+% from deep. I’ve said it before, but I’ll bring it up again. He may end up being the key piece to the 2022-2023 team that Dirty could have been for the 2013-2014 squad, if he just redshirted his first year here, instead of wasting the year by playing in 13 games, for a whopping 7.5 MPG.

We really needed another shooter, since Grant hadn’t developed his shot yet, and CJ regressed from hitting 47% of his threes to somehow only hitting 28%. Ennis, and Cooney were respectable at 35, and 37 percent, but we needed a third gunner out there, and Silent G wasn’t ready yet. He did hit 35%, but only played 15 MPG. CJ wouldn’t have had to play 38 MPG, and maybe in turn, his percent from deep goes up. Who knows how far we go if we had Dirty firing away from three that year. I think further than a 2nd round exit at the hands of Dayton, in a rock fight to 55.

I may be wrong, and Bras gets recruited over, so he doesn’t finish his career here, or play much if he does, but I’d love to see how it plays out. If Woody, or Benny beat him out, along with QG if he’s still here, then so be it. He showed some solid potential on the defensive end too, and even on the glass. Giving me hope that he could end up being a 12/5 type glue guy for the loaded 22-23 squad, similar to a senior year KrisJo. I know I’m making a lot of player comparisons, but he really is built like our prototypical forwards that can shoot, slash, and defend/rebound/block shots on the wing of the zone. It remains to be seen how well he will do blocking shots on the weak side, and hitting the boards. Looking forward to finding out.
Bras was a lightly recruited 3-star kid. Don’t understand the infatuation. Backup QB syndrome.

Bras was a lightly recruited 3-star kid. Don’t understand the infatuation. Backup QB syndrome.
he played well - very well - in his limited freshman year appearances. we knew he was an athlete & a shooter, but he showed a real feel for the game and flashed other skills we (at least some of us) didn't expect. it wasn't because of numbers he put up against weak competition - it was how comfortable & skilled he looked while on the court. there was a genuine reason to think he could develop into a good player

i would much rather see minutes go to a healthy braswell then towns or any other transfer
but i'm not the coach, so whatever

he played well - very well - in his limited freshman year appearances. we knew he was an athlete & a shooter, but he showed a real feel for the game and flashed other skills we (at least some of us) didn't expect. it wasn't because of numbers he put up against weak competition - it was how comfortable & skilled he looked while on the court. there was a genuine reason to think he could develop into a good player

i would much rather see minutes go to a healthy braswell then towns or any other transfer
but i'm not the coach, so whatever
I agree with you on Braswell, however I can’t remember him playing much more than mop up minutes with the walk-ons. I thought when he came in from High School that he was not highly recruited (couple of mid major schools). He was supposed to a state champion class high jumper. Supposedly very thin. I was hoping for a good rebounder, inside player when he matured. Understand that a number of his later, last points came from the 3pt range. Waiting for him to stand out.

A breakdown/projection of the entire ACC next year probably deserves a separate thread... but you're right - Louisville loses Enoch, Lamarr Kimble, Dwayne Sutton and Ryan McMahon (all seniors), and probably loses Jordan Nwora to the NBA Draft as well. Their incoming class has a couple of 4-star guys, one of which is a JC transfer (kid named Jay Scrubb). Their incoming class is ranked 27th by Rivals (whatever that's worth), but they're definitely losing a lot from this year's team. I'd expect them to be slightly worse next year.

44C6F058-132A-4ADC-B452-4D4E27CC9898.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom