seton hall, st johns, washington | Syracusefan.com

seton hall, st johns, washington

I think if Hall and UW both win tonight they can sneak into the 7. I think we’re locked in at the 8/9 personally.

I also think StJohns is more of a 10/11

I think we’d get Baylor

I think if Hall and UW both win tonight they can sneak into the 7. I think we’re locked in at the 8/9 personally.

I also think StJohns is more of a 10/11

I think we’d get Baylor

yea if we get st johns it would have to be a 7/10, theyre probably closer to a play in game

I have a feeling it will be Baylor and their atrocious unis.
They also play a lot of Zone. And those unis! My eyes hurt just thinking about them.

In case people don’t realize we went off in the second half against Pitt when they went zone and Buddy was shooting and Frank was penetrating.
Washington isn’t a bad matchup if they play zone against us.
Stick Marek in the middle.
Let Buddy and Frank do there thing and I think we win.

In case people don’t realize we went off in the second half against Pitt when they went zone and Buddy was shooting and Frank was penetrating.
If we have to play them, better this year than next when they have Quade and Thomas. Edit I meant Stewart.

Last edited:
Right now Lunardi has UW matched up with SH in the first round. While I think our zone could neutralize Powell, I really don't want to face him in March. He is the type of guy who can put the team on his back and make a run. He is probably one of the best pure scorers in the country.

I think anyone would welcome the Johnnies, that's a talented but poorly coached team. They'd have no idea what to do with the zone.

Does first round opponent really matter?
In the past three weeks the Orange have played Duke twice, UNC and Virginia.
Bring 'em on!

Sounds about right.

Sending us West to face UW would help sell tickets and boost attendance.

I'll be able to attend if we get placed in San Jose as I am about to hop on a plane to Reno for vacation in South Lake Tahoe. That would be a DOPE game.

I'm scared of teams that play tight man to man. Kind of like the way Pitt started the game and we couldn't do anything.

Thought that was very nice of capel to switch to a nice zone defense that gave us room to operate and put them away.

Baylor would be a battle of zones. Ugly.

Baylor would also be a stark contrast in NCAA justice. SU: pocket money for YMCA no show jobs and footnotes one paper. Baylor: Actively obstructing justice in a murder investigation and being extremely rapey.

Sign me up for St. John’s. I think if we play well we beat all 3 of these teams. I’m more concerned with not have a Gonzaga 2nd round matchup. I would love Tennessee or Michigan State.

We’re not getting St Johns. They’re probably going to end up an 11 seed in Dayton.

No way we’re a six.

Yeah we are an 8 or 9, would be shocked if we even got to 7.

I’m pretty confident the 1’s will be Gonzaga and the 3 ACC teams which means we’re out west with Gonzaga. I’m pretty sure we’ll be an 8, so we’d get Gonzaga in game 2 if we win game 1. Who could be the 9’s and our first opponent? SHU, Minny, Washington, Baylor, UCF, Iowa, Oklahoma, Mississippi. One of them I guess. I’ll go with Baylor or Minny.

I’m pretty confident the 1’s will be Gonzaga and the 3 ACC teams which means we’re out west with Gonzaga. I’m pretty sure we’ll be an 8, so we’d get Gonzaga in game 2 if we win game 1. Who could be the 9’s and our first opponent? SHU, Minny, Washington, Baylor, UCF, Iowa, Oklahoma, Mississippi. One of them I guess. I’ll go with Baylor or Minny.
Yep...and since Wash played Gonzaga this year already, I doubt they would slot them to meet in the second round.

If somehow we end up playing Hop as a 7 vs 10, then I call purposeful shenanigans on the committee.

St. John's got jobbed by the worst call of the season at Seton Hall. If they don't make it because of that...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom