Seven schools leaving Big East | Syracusefan.com

Seven schools leaving Big East

sufan

Scout Team
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/s...eave-big-east-pursue-new-basketball-framework

"Big East spokesperson John Paquette told ESPN.com the seven schools will leave on June 30, 2015, per conference bylaws."

From long term perspective, good decision for both BB and football schools.

1) The BB schools will have geographical and institutional compatability and can add who they want.

2) Likewise the football schools will be able to add who they want to create divisions and compete for a possible access bowl.

UConn, Temple, ECU, UCF, USF, Cin (Navy)

Houston, SMU, Tulane, Boise, San Diego

Not much of a northeast conference at this point. Impossible to see this group at MSG.

Perhaps the best approach is create a conference of 16-18 schools with geographically coherent divisions that meet annually in a conference championship game.

In the article, Mick Cronin is quoted as saying:

"It's all ridiculous. Let's call it what it is. I've thought about this long and hard and I've waited to say this. If it's all about money and money grabbing, the players need to get paid."

Yikes.

In the article, Mick Cronin is quoted as saying:

"It's all ridiculous. Let's call it what it is. I've thought about this long and hard and I've waited to say this. If it's all about money and money grabbing, the players need to get paid."

Yikes.

Not sure, but he seems to be referring to perhaps the decision of the all sports schools leaving the Big East and then the BB schools. It's obvious Cin and UConn and USF were left behind in this round. Of course, Cin and USF and UL were invited into the Big East only after BC, Miami and VT left for the ACC.

And given the Big East payout these last 9 years, money is not unimportant.

Beyond money, however, for SU and Pitt it was a positive move.

With SU and Pitt gone, it makes sense that WVU and RU and then UL would want to leave. A huge positive for RU beyond the money.

It makes sense that the BB schools are leaving to create a conference that has schools that they can look forward to playing: especially with ND leaving and no northeast all sports school beyond UConn.

And now the Big East football schools can add who they want to fill in the geography and compete for the access bowl.

It is certainly not a northeast conference or one that would be a fit for SU, but may serve the goals of its current and future member schools.

Wonder where the Big East office is relocated?

What a silly statement by Cronin. If he 'thought about this long and hard' he is more stupid than I thought. How in the world would paying players stop the conference realignment? If you wanted to pay players, you would need even MORE money. Oh Lord