Oklahoma
central Florida
ole miss,
Vcu
Louisville
TCU.

Do not root for Hopkins if you want our best chance to avoid the zags

Baylor
got smoked by Iowa State and hopefully Utah State loses that would add two more to this list

Especially if Washington loses to the buffaloes

Many teams that are on the 7 or 8 line have lost like
Oklahoma
central Florida
ole miss,
Vcu
Louisville
TCU.

Hop might not see the Zags the way their game vs Colorado is starting out.

Baylor
got smoked by Iowa State and hopefully Utah State loses that would add two more to this list
Minnesota and Cincinnati are probably locks to be ahead of us now as they won impressively

Especially if Washington loses to the buffaloes

Many teams that are on the 7 or 8 line have lost like
Oklahoma
central Florida
ole miss,
Vcu
Louisville
TCU.

I think we match up better with the Zags than many of the 2 seed candidates like Tenn, UK, Mich St who have too much muscle for our toothpicks.

Umm yeah they are
They are in the Semi-finals I think that pushes them up
It’s based on the entire resume, not one team made it to the semifinals and the other the quarterfinals of their conference tournaments.
It will be interesting. And it will tell us what the committee values more. MN is 12-12 (with 5 Q1 wins) Q1+Q2. SU is 7-11 Q1+Q2 (3 Q1 wins). But our SOS is 9 (20 OOC), while MN's is 36 (OOC 151).

It’s based on the entire resume, not one team made it to the semifinals and the other the quarterfinals of their conference tournaments.
Obviously

But the point is they were neck and neck on the same seed line as us

and they have outperformed us this week it’s pretty simple

A48D9FF7-9654-4DBD-A12D-1725D44363D9.png
I’d be stunned if we aren’t an 8-9.
I thought the same until I looked Seriously

Try to count 28 teams ahead of us

That’s 27 there’s 1. 7 spot open
because Louisville and all the rest below us you can’t say are definitely ahead of us

Please name the team that fills that spot for sure

t
Obviously

But the point is they were neck and neck on the same seed line as us

and they have outperformed us this week it’s pretty simple
they definitely weren’t on the same seed line entering the week

I'm fairly confident that we get an 8/9 seed. Schools like Buffalo and Wofford get historically shafted on seeds and where they are picked as a 5-7, and get the 8/9. That being said the NET really likes those teams, and some have speculated that while the NET will not determine who gets in, that the committee will rely on it heavily for seeding.

And if the committee uses the NET for seeding we are much more likely to get a 10 then a 7.

I'm fairly confident that we get an 8/9 seed. Schools like Buffalo and Wofford get historically shafted on seeds and where they are picked as a 5-7, and get the 8/9. That being said the NET really likes those teams, and some have speculated that while the NET will not determine who gets in, that the committee will rely on it heavily for seeding.

And if the committee uses the NET for seeding we are much more likely to get a 10 then a 7.
Your gut feeling we are in a 8/9 game?

Entering the week (based on the matrix)

Syracuse was 13th last in, 9.2 avg seed.
Minnesota was 10th last in, 10.2 avg seed (full avg seed behind)

I would say with a Purdue win it's probably a toss up right now. And while they had a sub 500 BIG record, the metrics love the BIG this year and think they are the best conference in America.

I think the 20 game schedule was a big advantage for the BIG metrics wise. They had very good pre-conference results, and were going to be near the top or at the top, but just having 2 extra quality games because of the 20 game schedule (and the multiplier effect caused by that) made their numbers pop even more.

Entirely possible, but doubtful to me. Just think they will be setting us up with a juicy 8/9 matchup then the Zags or UK.

Last edited:
I will al6 add that in some year the real head scratchers are seed line from about #6 to #9. So anything can happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom