Several tweets saying BE members want SU and Pitt | Syracusefan.com

Several tweets saying BE members want SU and Pitt

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
GONE NOW.

I figure the hoops onlies want us both out because it increases their chances for more wins and an NCAA bid. On the football side you have to figure UConn and Rutgers want us out now only because they want to be nice to us and give us what we want since we have a say in the ACC expansion now.

IMO, the sooner we leave, the better it is for all parties.

Unless those Tweets are coming from school presidents or BE offices...

Definitely makes sense for the hoops teams. Better chance to compete. For football, I assume they just want to move on. Everyone knows things are going to be worse, but at least try to get some stability for the recruiting trail. Coaches want to be able to answer the question of how things are going to look, not just to have to say "don't worry it will work out". The bitter, sore loser at the top of the Big East is the one who has the axe to grind with his 27 month demands.

GONE NOW.

I figure the hoops onlies want us both out because it increases their chances for more wins and an NCAA bid. On the football side you have to figure UConn and Rutgers want us out now only because they want to be nice to us and give us what we want since we have a say in the ACC expansion now.
UCONN & Rutgers better be nice, seeing that they MAY be facing the same scenario in the not so distant future and will want out yesterday if it comes to fruition. Not to mention, if I were them I would be cheering for as much instability as possible across the country to increase the odds that an opportunity opens for them to move...

If BE schools show a lack of class in dealing with Pitt and SU by (for example) smearing the schools in the news, then other schools may be less interested in joining the conference. ONE STEP CLOSER TO OBSCURITY.

The BE will hold onto SU and Pitt until they have replacement teams lined up, and those teams have clearance to leave their conferences.

I doubt the BE wants a repeat of 2004 when it only had 7 FB teams.

Unless those Tweets are coming from school presidents or BE offices...

Mike DeCoursey and that McMurphey guy, both citing "sources".

GONE NOW.

works for me

Their worst nightmare is for SU & Pitt to represent the BE in the BCS and take the BET title the next 3 years.
If Pitt and Syracuse are gone then they only have one potential embarrassing year.

They do need to line up at least one more school before they can let the Orangemen and Panthers go.

The best way to have them want us out would be for Syr and Pitt in finals of BE tournament.

The BE will hold onto SU and Pitt until they have replacement teams lined up, and those teams have clearance to leave their conferences.

I doubt the BE wants a repeat of 2004 when it only had 7 FB teams.
This is exactly it, not from any inside sources (as I sure don't have any) but just from common sense.

Also, the 27 month thing was set up as a deterrent to keep teams from leaving, and since the BE is trying desperately to keep what's left together along with attract some other schools with a pulse they need to hold firm to this timeline until they get their plans going forward set. Once they have schools lined up as replacements and their entry dates defined, they can release SU and Pitt.

GONE NOW.

On the football side you have to figure UConn and Rutgers want us out now only because they want to be nice to us and give us what we want since we have a say in the ACC expansion now.
They can be as nice as they want to but it doesn't change the fact that SU football is better off without them in the ACC from a recruiting point of view.

They can be as nice as they want to but it doesn't change the fact that SU football is better off without them in the ACC from a recruiting point of view.

don't agree with that at all.

I'm sold on the recruiting edge. Young guys follow the news. SU is in the ACC. The BE has all kinds of problems. Let's see - SU and the stable ACC or UConn/Rutgers and the shaky BE... Hmmm.

QUESTION:

How soon can we leave? Would it be after the 2011/2012 basketball season? Possibly after the Fall Semester?

They couldn't kick us out midway through a school year, can they?

GONE NOW.

lets rephrase all this...
UConn and Rutgers will be nice to SU and Pitt as both schools now have ACC voting power. However, it would in Syracuse's best interest (for recruiting) if both UConn and Rutgers remained in the current Big East or joined the reconstituted B12

Ask Jake

I know what Marrone said. Imo he ia wrong if we're talking acc vs b10. He's right id they are left to whither on the vine.

Sent from my DROIDX

Bees - can you elaborate? Why wouldn't it be better for us, recruiting-wise, to be in a stable conference while the competition isn't?

lets rephrase all this...
UConn and Rutgers will be nice to SU and Pitt as both schools now have ACC voting power. However, it would in Syracuse's best interest (for recruiting) if both UConn and Rutgers remained in the current Big East or joined the reconstituted B12

Agree with that. Big10 I wouldn't agree at all as I've said several times, as has others.

Sent from my DROIDX

Why don't you agree with that?

I'm only contrasting the B10 vs ACC. The 2 most likely destinations for rutgers eventually. I agree if they are left in the BE it is a good thing, but that is a temporary thing IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom