Class of 2020 - SF Andre Jackson (NY) Offered | Page 93 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 SF Andre Jackson (NY) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he wanted to play more games closer to home and play in the Big East Tournament in Madison Square Garden. UConn and Syracuse are about the same distance from Albany, but conference games are in NYC, NJ, RI, Philly, so his family can go to most games. ACC basketball is better than Big East basketball, but the Big East Tournament in MSG is better than ACC Tournament in rotating cities.

If UConn couldn't get in the ACC, it seems like moving to the BE was the right decision for basketball.

Waters basically just said what we knew...log jam at the position at SU played a big factor and Uconn getting into the big east.

Waters basically just said what we knew...log jam at the position at SU played a big factor and Uconn getting into the big east.

UConn is going to use the move to Big East as leverage with a lot of Northeast recruits.

This is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever read. He’s worried about Girard and Buddy keeping him off the court? Any top recruit in the country is not afraid of completion. These guys fear no completion especially not someone yet to play his 1st college game.

The damage control is unreal. Coaches went balls to the wall for this kid for 3 years. They wanted him bad. No need to spin.

UConn is going to use the move to Big East as leverage with a lot of Northeast recruits.

For sure and as they should...hopefully they can pay their bills tho as time goes on

So Hughes is coming back for his senior year?

I’d feel better about that if this wasn’t Syracuse.

Our 2019 class is pretty solid.

Andre would have been great, but whatever. Would likely have complimented the shooters, but you never know. We've seen guys drive the lane and get eaten up. Feel bad for any kid that winds up at uconn though. Should have gone to Iowa or UCLA if not Syracuse.
I agree regarding Yukon. I just found out that 1 of the two people in the daycare room we send our son to is a Yukon grad. In Seattle! She brought it up when I asked where she was from. She laughed and said I told your wife like 3 months ago that I went to Yukon since your son is always wearing Syracuse clothes. She said, don't tell my husband you went there. She then says can you believe that and laughs. Now I'm not sure what to do. I don't want to over react but I also don't want my son being taught how to steal labtops.

Time will tell but outside of Nova, the NBE has been mediocre.
People seem to forget the NBE is not just the NorthEast and includes destinations such as Marquette, Depaul, Butler, Xavier, and Creighton.
They have more games in the NE than we do. That is the reality. We have better exposure and better talent to play against. I would think the 2nd scenario wins out with 8 or 9 out of 10 kids.

Anyone know why he hasnt signed yet (the websites dont indicate he has) and when he intends on signing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom