Class of 2018 - SG Antwann Jones (FL) Transfer from Memphis to Creighton | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SG Antwann Jones (FL) Transfer from Memphis to Creighton

I don't think it's ideal to come to that situation with a lot of good PGs on the market still but I do think this kid has the handle but IMO you're limiting his skill set with him having the ball consistently in his hands, he can really stroke it from the outside and seems to work pretty hard off ball. Does anyone know his connection to Griffin?
I know the video shows him making a lot of outside shots, and I hope he makes a good percentage, but his mechanics are a bit off. Hard to tell though, from the videos, I may be seeing things. But his handle is impressive for a guy his size. And he seems to be a creative and willing passer, also hard to truly judge without full games.

I know the video shows him making a lot of outside shots, and I hope he makes a good percentage, but his mechanics are a bit off. Hard to tell though, from the videos, I may be seeing things. But his handle is impressive for a guy his size. And he seems to be a creative and willing passer, also hard to truly judge without full games.

Yeah for sure, very high arc on his shot, I agree with you on his handle, it stands out but like you say it's hard to judge w/o seeing a full game, no turnovers are going in highlight videos.

Yeah for sure, very high arc on his shot, I agree with you on his handle, it stands out but like you say it's hard to judge w/o seeing a full game, no turnovers are going in highlight videos.
Yep, but the kid is a player, that much is clear. I wish we would try to close this and get a start on 2018. Unless, they feel that he would scare away whoever they are trying to land for 2017. I am probably overthinking this, but we need some positive recruiting news soon.

Seems like
Yep, but the kid is a player, that much is clear. I wish we would try to close this and get a start on 2018. Unless, they feel that he would scare away whoever they are trying to land for 2017. I am probably overthinking this, but we need some positive recruiting news soon.

I always find it annoying to pass on a 2018 to satisfy the 2017 prospect, I'm not saying it's happening in this case because we haven't even offered but it for sure happens and with the NBA draft all being judged on potential, if you have one solid breakout year and show you have next level attributes (whatever those may be depending on the player) then that player will jump and they have EVERY right to but you would think our staff especially is getting sick of not having a backup and have to go right back to the drawing board.

This recruitment is already strange and it hasn't even started yet. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD CAN WE EVER HAVE A NICE AND EASY GOING RECRUITMENT

I don't think it's ideal to come to that situation with a lot of good PGs on the market still but I do think this kid has the handle but IMO you're limiting his skill set with him having the ball consistently in his hands, he can really stroke it from the outside and seems to work pretty hard off ball. Does anyone know his connection to Griffin?
I know he also has a Dayton offer so I would assume that Griffin was at least in contact with Jones before leaving to come to Cuse.

This is just speculation on my part, but what if Jones has a tight bond with Griffin but wanted to play at a higher level than Dayton? If that is the case than the sooner we offer the happier we will all be, at least I would hope so anyways. :noidea:

Is jones there too?

Yep..hes the one that retweeted this...no mention of him or jb going to see him etc but he retweets this...there is obviously interest from him in our program which is nice to see for a change. Seems like he genuinely would like a offer from our school...and I'm going to assume (I know I shouldn't do that on this forum) that JB is there to watch him among others...so hopefully this gets the ball rolling with him because from what dasher posted the other day it seems like this is a kid we can obtain of JB gets after it.

QQ...he's listed as SF in the forum but as SG elsewhere. I'm thinking he would be a 2 at Cuse, no?

QQ...he's listed as SF in the forum but as SG elsewhere. I'm thinking he would be a 2 at Cuse, no?
Yeah, he looks like a 2, but I think he has very good court vision. I posed the question, knowing this staff's tendency to convert guys to pg, whether he could play pg. Hard to tell from highlight videos.

This top ranked kid is begging us to offer him. I can't give justice to how frustrated I am.
Isn't it a Ncaa violation to offer more than 2 players at each position?:confused:

This top ranked kid is begging us to offer him. I can't give justice to how frustrated I am.

Maybe he's down the list of desired SFs?

Maybe he's down the list of desired SFs?
Don't believe it. The kid is rated #17 from espn. He can play two positions. There is some frustration over this that isn't only mine.

Don't believe it. The kid is rated #17 from espn. He can play two positions. There is some frustration over this that isn't only mine.
Well that's comforting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom