Class of 2021 - SF Benny Williams (MD / IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 SF Benny Williams (MD / IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was never pushed to be a good defender. I'll probably see my son's friend over the summer. He was going to call Benny about the Cuse commitment. He thought Benny was going to pick Maryland but knew that Cuse was recruiting him aggressively. If he says anything interesting I'll post it here.
Kool and the Gang.
Thank ya, sir.

I hope he’s playing against tougher competition this season. That capitolhoops clip... I could mess around an git a triple double agin them folk.

Reminds me a lot of CJ Fair.

Funny I was just about to add a comment to that effect and saw someone else (you) did the same. Very similar players to me. Benny looks like he might have a better handle and maybe more of a quick twitch than CJ. That said another CJ Fair I would sign up for all day. Especially if he is a little better in some areas as well.

Newton has made HUGE strides in his game offensively this year. Much better from outside and has a nice little step back. He might suprise some people. I think he has a lot of upside but might have to stick it out until his time comes...that's the hard part is keeping kids from transfering.

The more I watch Newton the more I think he could have a Kris Joseph like trajectory. He will be unlikely ( unless we see another 6 OT game) to play significant minutes year 1. That said he definitely becomes a major contributor over time. Joseph developed his handle more and was a perimeter or drive player. Woody seems very similar. Both are good athletes too. Give me a Joseph/Fair combo over the next couple of years all day long.

I hope he’s playing against tougher competition this season. That capitolhoops clip... I could mess around an git a triple double agin them folk.

I would gladly take that bet if there was a wager on it. I think there is a pretty good track record of quality hoops in the DC area. Be it kids that have played at SU or elsewhere. Benny is a big time get. If he builds on his game and adds even more as a ball handler he definitely becomes a top 25 - top 15 type of talent. Of course given he isn't shifting to a prep school or an Oak Hill he won't likely get that rating on paper.

I would gladly take that bet if there was a wager on it. I think there is a pretty good track record of quality hoops in the DC area. Be it kids that have played at SU or elsewhere. Benny is a big time get. If he builds on his game and adds even more as a ball handler he definitely becomes a top 25 - top 15 type of talent. Of course given he isn't shifting to a prep school or an Oak Hill he won't likely get that rating on paper.
I was joking, but only referring to that one video set posted just above. He was abusing some shrimpy, not-ready-for-prime time dudes.

I was joking, but only referring to that one video set posted just above. He was abusing some shrimpy, not-ready-for-prime time dudes.

Hey now let's not start discriminating shrimpy dudes...

No duh. Jokes, folks. I need shoulder surgery and can’t run five laps around the court.
I was also joking. Tough to get a read on jokes on the internet. All in good fun

I hope he has a little Billy Owens in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom