Class of 2021 - SF Benny Williams (MD / IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 SF Benny Williams (MD / IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on bro, this is a family board.
thats-what-your-mother-said-last-night.jpg

Could add Warrick to that list too.
No, I didn’t mean ‘unheralded’ or ‘plan B’ types who turned out to be awesome. I was talking about guys who physically- and style-wise just don’t impress. Moten wasn’t big, fast, quick, explosive, or a leaper. He played at his own pace. Douglas was unorthodox, didn’t have any slick dribble moves that I recall, had those slumped shoulders, and couldn’t jump. But both had skills and understanding—the kind of stuff and the level you can't represent on a ‘specs’ sheet.

No, I didn’t mean ‘unheralded’ or ‘plan B’ types who turned out to be awesome. I was talking about guys who physically- and style-wise just don’t impress. Moten wasn’t big, fast, quick, explosive, or a leaper. He played at his own pace. Douglas was unorthodox, didn’t have any slick dribble moves that I recall, had those slumped shoulders, and couldn’t jump. But both had skills and understanding—the kind of stuff and the level you can't represent on a ‘specs’ sheet.
I want to say that Jason Kidd once said that he respected Sherman Douglas more than any NBA player because he didn't think of anyone else that on paper had less of a chance of being there, let alone at being the good player he was at that level.

Exactly. Warrick was a skinny, lanky, and limited player who basically had one strong attribute: freakish leaping ability. As a freshman, it was a near miracle when he caught a pass. The fact that he turned himself into an All American is certainly more unlikely than Sherman Douglas doing so. There was every reason to believe that Warrick would amount to very little, especially if one had the foresight to know he would never gain weight or size to address his physical "weaknesses."

Is that a regulation sized rim? It looks 8' high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom