Class of 2021 - SF Benny Williams (MD / IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 SF Benny Williams (MD / IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
he has a good relationship w/ woody newton which should help. and the two of them would make a great set of tandem forwards.

I checked in with Williams a while back and he's pretty high on the Orange. Said he doesn't have a top 5 or anything yet, but said he talks with the coaches about twice a week. Autry is the primary.

Here's what he said about his fit:

"I think my game fits with Syracuse because I’m a long guard. They have had a lot of success with players that look like me. I would bring my playmaking ability to Syracuse."

Said he's a fan of the zone, too.

I checked in with Williams a while back and he's pretty high on the Orange. Said he doesn't have a top 5 or anything yet, but said he talks with the coaches about twice a week. Autry is the primary.

Here's what he said about his fit:

"I think my game fits with Syracuse because I’m a long guard. They have had a lot of success with players that look like me. I would bring my playmaking ability to Syracuse."

Said he's a fan of the zone, too.
Welcome to the board Ben!

Please don’t be the next heartbreak.

Or ballbreak. After awhile, that's what it's become to me once you become used to it. I think Dave Matthews summed up this subforum(or whole board?) with the following lines:

The space between
The tears we cry...
Is the laughter that keeps us coming back for more.
The space between...
The wicked lies we tell and hope to keep safe from the pain.

One problem here. Williams and Newton are really both small forwards. Newton is talker at 6-8, but he plays like a small forward. We need a PF who can rebound.

One problem here. Williams and Newton are really both small forwards. Newton is talker at 6-8, but he plays like a small forward. We need a PF who can rebound.
Newton is more of a 3-4 Benny is more of a 2-3. Big picture we need to get back to the days where we have 4 or 5 of these guys fighting for 2 or 3 spots that is how you develop a bench.

Newton is more of a 3-4 Benny is more of a 2-3. Big picture we need to get back to the days where we have 4 or 5 of these guys fighting for 2 or 3 spots that is how you develop a bench.

As long as we recruit a few rebounders to round out the team, I’m fine with that. I saw Newton play. He’s allergic to rebounding.

As long as we recruit a few rebounders to round out the team, I’m fine with that. I saw Newton play. He’s allergic to rebounding.

He's going to have to fix that ASAP or he's going to struggle to see the court at all. This team desperately needs rebounding help.

He's going to have to fix that ASAP or he's going to struggle to see the court at all. This team desperately needs rebounding help.

Yeah, no kidding. But it will have to be someone else if thy want a tenacious rebounder. It won’t be Newton. He’s a perimeter player.

Red is well connected with Team Takeover.
Maybe we take them both and one plays the 2. We need to get back to being one of the tallest teams in the country year in and year out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom