Class of 2021 - SF Benny Williams (MD / IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 SF Benny Williams (MD / IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe this should be its own thread, but I’m not sure the forum rules so I’ll post here:

I wonder if we might be punting on 2021 kids with the exception of Benny and possibly Etinene?

2019:
- 13 schloarships used
- 1 scholarship leaving (Belbey)

2020:
- 2 incoming recruits (Kadary, Woody)
- that means we have 1 player too many
- 1 player needs to leave to get us back to 13 (Eli goes pro; Carey, HoWash, Braswell transfer; Edwards redshirts)
- if we want to add Towns, Tape or another transfer, an additional player from the above list will need to leave
- 2 scholarships leaving (Marek, Sidibe). This number is 3 if we have a grad transfer. Hughes also but I assume he’s gone before 2020.

2021:
- 0 current commits
- 2 open spots (this is assuming Carey, HoWash and Braswell all stay, if they don’t, this number will be bigger)
- the only players that seem to be locks for the 2021 roster are JG3, Buddy, Kadary, Woody, Edwards and JBA. I think Goodine likely sticks around too. QG should be as well but if be breaks out next year he be gone.
- we don’t seem to be in the drivers seat for any 2021 kid, but is the staff laying low on purpose?
- if Carey, Braswell and HoWash all transfer, those will open schloarships, but I think the staff will be extremely selective, Other than possibly 1 year grad transfers

Heres where it gets interesting:
- Let’s also Q goes to the NBA at some point before 2022.

That leaves our 2022 roster as:
Small Forward (5th YR)
JG3 (SR)
Goodine (SR)
Edwards (SR)
JBA (RSJR)
Kadary (JR)
Woody (JR)
Benny (SO)

Look at that roster, 8 schloarship players and only 1 under classmen! Well, hello Dior and friends! Mr Johnson has 4 spots to fill with whomever he wants -

1. Dior
2. Westry
3. Clingan
4. Zion? JJ? Gayle?

Now I realize this is extremely risky, but look at that roster. Loaded with talent and versatility. Literally 13 playable guys.

But why would Zion or JJ come here to get spot minutes as freshman? Well after 2022, JG3/Goodine/Dior will all be gone, handing the keys to an equally terrific lineup of Zion/JJ/Westry/Benny/Clingan with Kadary and Woody off the bench.

This post may be long winded and make little sense, as normally you want to spread out your schloarships evenly. But if the staff stays fairly quiet for 2021 I truly think we’re going for a massive 2022.

I expect 2021 to either be a small class or they'll extend some additional offers from what's out there now. Under the impression Williams and Etienne are the primary targets.
How tight are Etienne and Dior? I’ve seen them go back n forth on social media but is there anything deeper than that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom