Class of 2018 - SF Cameron Reddish (PA) to Duke | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SF Cameron Reddish (PA) to Duke

Seriously. Another punch in the gut.

How so? We have nearly the same chance of getting him now, that we had before - zero.
He's going to Duke or UK, more than likely.

How did we ever get Melo? Seems like an impossibility to get a recruit like that now...

How did we ever get Melo? Seems like an impossibility to get a recruit like that now...
He was just a guy when he committed. Kind of like DC 1. They both blew up after they committed.

Well, it must have been a really super-slow punch in the gut, because we haven't really been a player for him for some time now.

The staff screwed the pooch here, as others have said. We offered way too late and never gave this the required effort. He will likely wind up on Duke or UK, yes, but we never gave us a chance to be a serious player. It's not a gut punch, though, that I agree. No one realistically thought he would be ours for months, much to the chagrin of many of us who didn't understand why we failed to make him a top target.

It never was going to matter how early SU offered, nor was it going to matter how much effort was put in. This recruitment was always headed in the direction it is headed now. Thinking otherwise is putting your head in the sand or just an attempt to put down the coaching staff.

It never was going to matter how early SU offered, nor was it going to matter how much effort was put in. This recruitment was always headed in the direction it is headed now. Thinking otherwise is putting your head in the sand or just an attempt to put down the coaching staff.

BS. That is a defeatist attitude. This kid liked SU a lot and was from our typical recruiting area. I'm not going to do a back and forth on this. Guess this another example of having to handle the staff with kid gloves. They are beyond reproach. Got it.

BS. That is a defeatist attitude. This kid liked SU a lot and was from our typical
area. I'm not going to do a back and forth on this. Guess this another example of having to handle the staff with kid gloves. They are beyond reproach. Got it.

That's not true, but noone ever wants to give them credit for knowing when to use their time recruiting a guy and when not to. Some of us also believe that the staff has more information and understands the situation better than the rest of us and may recognize early on when a handler or other factor is involved that may make it a foregone conclusion that we won't be a player....no matter what a kid says about who is in his final schools.

BS. That is a defeatist attitude. This kid liked SU a lot and was from our typical recruiting area. I'm not going to do a back and forth on this. Guess this another example of having to handle the staff with kid gloves. They are beyond reproach. Got it.

Defeatist attitude. Never. Realist, who doesn't want to waste limited resources on pixie dust and faeries, always.

This is as opposed to you understanding the college basketball recruiting scene better than any on the coaching staff. Got it!

Prized 2018 recruit cuts Syracuse basketball from list

This makes Syracuse 0-for-3 with recent Westtown School (Pa.) products — Reddish, Brandon Randolph and Mohamed Bamba. All three prospects had offers from SU.

Gerry McNamara was Reddish’s primary recruiter.

The five-star wing is the prototypical Syracuse recruit. He’s long, freakishly athletic and can score from anywhere on the court. He has NBA lottery pick written all over him one day, despite only entering his senior year of high school.

In other news regarding the 2018 class, Syracuse extended a scholarship offer to Eastern Carolina transfer Elijah Hughes during his visit, he told TNIAAM on Wednesday.

That's not true, but noone ever wants to give them credit for knowing when to use their time recruiting a guy and when not to. Some of us also believe that the staff has more information and understands the situation better than the rest of us and may recognize early on when a handler or other factor is involved that may make it a foregone conclusion that we won't be a player...no matter what a kid says about who is in his final schools.
Why did JB go watch Reddish play in late April then?

Defeatist attitude. Never. Realist, who doesn't want to waste limited resources on pixie dust and faeries, always.

This is as opposed to you understanding the college basketball recruiting scene better than any on the coaching staff. Got it!

Who doesn't want to continue to be a 2nd or 3rd tier ACC team with 13-15 losses per year?

Also, article above points out that Cam was an Orange fan for a long time.
Exactly. If he goes blue blood route I get it. But if he has been a Cuse fan and we got beat out by a non blue blood I have issues with how we managed it

This makes Syracuse 0-for-3 with recent Westtown School (Pa.) products — Reddish, Brandon Randolph and Mohamed Bamba. All three prospects had offers from SU.

The five-star wing is the prototypical Syracuse recruit. He’s long, freakishly athletic and can score from anywhere on the court. He has NBA lottery pick written all over him one day, despite only entering his senior year of high school.

In other news regarding the 2018 class, Syracuse extended a scholarship offer to Eastern Carolina transfer Elijah Hughes during his visit, he told TNIAAM on Wednesday.
Wonder how we'd have looked with Randolph on the team...

Wasn't Reddish at our Elite camp two summers ago. We invited him, watched him, offered other guys from that camp but didn't offer him for another year. I'm not going to say we would have for sure landed this kid but offering at that camp would have made a difference and we would certainly be in the final 8. Walker was the same we just waited and waited to offer him. Obviously we wanted these guys because we did eventually get around to offering them.

So difficult to not say anything negative about GMac. I will refrain, and be passive aggressive. It's my specialty. Six threes, six threes, six threes. Alright, I'm good to go. Hughes will surprise as well, if someone can close that.

I hate when this thread pops up though. Another kid who loves us, but didn't end up here. If we offered at the Elite Camp, I really don't think it would have mattered. It would have been nice to know though. At this point, I just don't want to see him destroying us. Arizona, and UCLA have beautiful women, Cam. Duke, not so much.

So difficult to not say anything negative about GMac. I will refrain, and be passive aggressive. It's my specialty. Six threes, six threes, six threes. Alright, I'm good to go. Hughes will surprise as well, if someone can close that.

I hate when this thread pops up though. Another kid who loves us, but didn't end up here. If we offered at the Elite Camp, I really don't think it would have mattered. It would have been nice to know though. At this point, I just don't want to see him destroying us. Arizona, and UCLA have beautiful women, Cam. Duke, not so much.
I am by no means excusing the staff for being so late with an offer as I'm sure it really played a part in it, but let's be honest here. If the kid really loved Cuse, we'd still be in the running. I think the Tucker recruitment and Duke has really proved that fact!

I am by no means excusing the staff for being so late with an offer as I'm sure it really played a part in it, but let's be honest here. If the kid really loved Cuse, we'd still be in the running. I think the Tucker recruitment and Duke has really proved that fact!

Absolutely agree. That's why offering early probably wouldn't have mattered. Kids love a lot of schools as we have found out. They grow up watching a lot of teams. I've been in Syracuse my whole life, but we have plenty of fans that fell in love with the program when they decided to come to school here. Alumni, or townie it's all the same but you can see why these kids would like UK, Duke, UNC, Kansas, Syracuse, etc. The dream school thing is few and far between.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom