Class of 2018 - SF Cameron Reddish (PA) to Duke | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SF Cameron Reddish (PA) to Duke

So difficult to not say anything negative about GMac. I will refrain, and be passive aggressive. It's my specialty. Six threes, six threes, six threes. Alright, I'm good to go. Hughes will surprise as well, if someone can close that.

I hate when this thread pops up though. Another kid who loves us, but didn't end up here. If we offered at the Elite Camp, I really don't think it would have mattered. It would have been nice to know though. At this point, I just don't want to see him destroying us. Arizona, and UCLA have beautiful women, Cam. Duke, not so much.

I'm not sure GMac has the final say on who we offer, when we offer and who we go hard after.

I'm not sure GMac has the final say on who we offer, when we offer and who we go hard after.

Doesn't seem like the staff has been working very hard to get ANYBODY the past couple years. How do you just not care about a kid as good as this?

He was just a guy when he committed. Kind of like DC 1. They both blew up after they committed.

This is totally revisionist history, he was not 'just a guy' when he committed. While he wasn't a consensus top 5 player, he was already in the top 25 and being touted as a future McD's All-American. Clark Francis had him at #15 when he committed. By the time he was at ABCD he was already regarded as one of the top 10 players in the country. There was HUGE hype around his match-up with Lenny Cooke.

This is totally revisionist history, he was not 'just a guy' when he committed. While he wasn't a consensus top 5 player, he was already in the top 25 and being touted as a future McD's All-American. Clark Francis had him at #15 when he committed. By the time he was at ABCD he was already regarded as one of the top 10 players in the country. There was HUGE hype around his match-up with Lenny Cooke.
That's bull. DC1, although I don't know his ranking, was number 2 in MI behind Terry Mills I think his name was. Many thought Coleman was better than Mills. He was by no means just a guy before he committed.

That's bull. DC1, although I don't know his ranking, was number 2 in MI behind Terry Mills I think his name was. Many thought Coleman was better than Mills. He was by no means just a guy before he committed.
I think you meant to reply to a different post. TinyManInside is saying the same thing you are.

How do we go from "dream school" to not even in the Final 8?

If he goes to Duke or Kentucky over us, I can understand. This, umm, is concerning.

This one was bitter sweet (since we are not on his list) to watch as he is just that good... and even better to see up close. He can literally do it all.

Tyus was watching this one as well.

This one was bitter sweet (since we are not on his list) to watch as he is just that good... and even better to see up close. He can literally do it all.

Tyus was watching this one as well.
Do you wear Cuse gear when you go to these games Jord?

Do you wear Cuse gear when you go to these games Jord?

Not usually, but I did wear a Cuse polo yesterday. ;)

A passing interaction in the hallway after Cam's early afternoon yesterday. I said good game Killa. He said thanks Cuse with a smile. Seemed like a cool cat. Oh what could have been...

We officially exited this race when Hop went to Washington. I think it would have been an uphill battle anyway...and was certainly trending that way before he went west, but we had no shot once he left.

I've purposely stayed off the board for over 24 hours since Tucker picked Duke. It's disappointing, but life goes on.

Which brings me to Cam. This guy is not signing with us. For Syracuse to make a big push for him would be a waste of time and resources. He's a Kentucky/Duke caliber player, who will use us just like Quade and Tucker did.

I'd much rather see us go for the high 3star and 4star kids, and only pursue 5star guys who seek us. I'm not going so far as saying forget 5star kids, but I wouldn't wait around on one if another 4 star kid comes along.

We are Syracuse. We need to get our swag back. No playing bridesmaid to Kentucky and Duke anymore.

I don't mean to make recruiting sound so simplistic. It's certainly very challenging and complicated dealing with kids whose future is on the line. But if we want kids to continue to view Syracuse as an elite destination for college basketball we must believe we still are.

I'd be brutally honest with the 3plus-4star recruits. We are recruiting many players at your position. Your the guy we want the most, but we have a brand to protect. We will take the first guy that we've offered that signs at your position.

Is it possible that such a strategy might entice a guy to sign early? Then we've got some early momentum going, and might lure others.

I think a more aggressive than usual approach is warranted with the negative recruiting tactics being employed against us. Just my two cents.

Not usually, but I did wear a Cuse polo yesterday. ;)

A passing interaction in the hallway after Cam's early afternoon yesterday. I said good game Killa. He said thanks Cuse with a smile. Seemed like a cool cat. Oh what could have been...
That's cool. You say hi to Battle?

That's cool. You say hi to Battle?

Yes, talked with Tyus for a couple minutes out in the hallway. Very approachable. He has a great head on his shoulders. A great representative of the SU brand.

He is looking forward to next season! And he was humble bragging on his brother's earlier game. Proud brother.

Tyus then chatted it up with JB while he (JB) was waiting for Buddy to come out of the gym.

Yes, talked with Tyus for a couple minutes out in the hallway. Very approachable. He has a great head on his shoulders. A great representative of the SU brand.

He is looking forward to next season! And he was humble bragging on his brother's earlier game. Proud brother.

Tyus then chatted it up with JB while he (JB) was waiting for Buddy to come out of the gym.
Thanks good to hear. You have a nice life to experience all this. I'm gonna live vicariously through you from here out

I'd be brutally honest with the 3plus-4star recruits. We are recruiting many players at your position. Your the guy we want the most, but we have a brand to protect. We will take the first guy that we've offered that signs at your position.

Is it possible that such a strategy might entice a guy to sign early? Then we've got some early momentum going, and might lure others.

I think a more aggressive than usual approach is warranted with the negative recruiting tactics being employed against us. Just my two cents.

Boeheim has used this approach in the past but he's been burned by it too. For example - when he ended up with Josh Wright over Kyle Lowry (and another good PG whose name escapes me now).

Boeheim has used this approach in the past but he's been burned by it too. For example - when he ended up with Josh Wright over Kyle Lowry (and another good PG whose name escapes me now).

I believe it was AJ Price. Tough outcome for us - all three were around the same area in the rankings.

RobVTX - I was talking about Carmelo Anthony, not DC.

I believe it was AJ Price. Tough outcome for us - all three were around the same area in the rankings.

Yes, that's right. We got the short straw on that one.

Good point. I don't think there is any full proof recruiting strategy. That said, I'd rather reel in a 3-4 star "fish" than hold out for the big 5 star "fish" that never comes. Better to land something than nothing at all.

I'm not saying settle for 2 star "minoes" but I think high 3 star and 4 star guys are attainable.

Anyhow, good post. Recruiting sure ain't easy!

He was #64 when he committed. I remember that because that's what JB said in an article I read. He blew up his senior year.
When I watched the McDonald's game, I said we have the #1 guy in the country.
BTW, I believe JR Reid was rated #1 in the country that year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom