Class of 2018 - SF Cameron Reddish (PA) to Duke | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SF Cameron Reddish (PA) to Duke

That jumper might bring rain outside, lots of arc like Dion against Wiski in the first half SS game. Looks like a baller though and the J is smooth.

Informed me not too long ago that he really enjoyed his visit to SU and stuck around for practice yesterday as well.
This just tells me one thing. You and Whitey23 have taken over the internets again. Come on, be kind and share some of it, will ya? I'll even settle for a piece of Jerry's site. I guess. :)

http://syracuse.scout .com/story/1471755-orange-on-top-for-2018-guard-reddish

Haverford (Pa.) School guard Cameron Reddish is one of the most talented players in the 2018 class. He is already on the Syracuse radar, and visited over the weekend when they kicked off the 2014-15 basketball season.

”I really enjoyed Orange Madness,” Reddish said. “I loved the atmosphere up there in the Dome! My favorite part was the dunk contest. The dunks were very entertaining. I also liked how the crowd was cheering and was into it. My favorite dunk was B.J. Johnson’s 360 windmill.”

Another high point of the freshman standout’s trip was checking out the Syracuse basketball facilities, which are some of the best in the sport.

”Awe man, it was fantastic!” Reddish said. “The gym is really nice. I was able to watch them practice in there. It was a great opportunity. I feel they really encourage their players to go hard on every rep and to communicate and lift your teammates up.”

As with every recruit that visits Syracuse, Reddish had a chance to speak with the Orange coaching staff. That includes head coach Jim Boeheim, assistant coach Gerry McNamara and even assistant Mike Hopkins. All sides are working to develop a strong relationship with mutual interest all around.

”I spoke with almost all of the coaches,” Reddish said. “When I spoke with coach Boeheim, he was telling me to continue to work hard on and off the court. With coach McNamara, he said the same. He also told me they were very interested me. Coach Hop I didn’t speak to until on the way out.

”He asked how I was doing in school and I said I was doing well. We shook hands and that was it.”

The visit was so good, Reddish said Syracuse is his number one school even without an offer. Reddish is a 6-foot-5 point guard who is still growing. His length and frame would be an ideal fit for the zone and their offensive system.

Genuinely interested, I hope we offer this kid soon! Not to mention his game. Special ability for a kid who's still growing. Going to be interesting to see what position he ends up playing.

I suspect we will offer him next summer as he goes into his Soph season. Probably try to seal the deal at our elite camp. I can't remember offering a freshman in high school, can anyone else?

Genuinely interested, I hope we offer this kid soon! Not to mention his game. Special ability for a kid who's still growing. Going to be interesting to see what position he ends up playing.

I always love the Philly area kids and love to see that pipeline continue.

I think Dion was offered and committed as his Sophomore year began. Not 100% sure tho.

Certainly very early on but I'm pretty sure he wasn't a Freshman because he had already bounced around a couple schools if I recall and then he went to "Life Center Academy" or some such place after committing.

I think Dion was offered and committed as his Sophomore year began. Not 100% sure tho.

he committed the summer before his sophomore year.

http://articles.philly.com/2007-09-02/sports/24995573_1_commitment-dwayne-polee-neumann-goretti

Dion Waiters is 15 years old.

He is not quite a sophomore, has only recently settled on his third high school, and has yet to compete in a varsity basketball game.

But he still is being hailed as a blue-chip, can't-miss prospect.

Apparently, that was enough for Syracuse to offer Waiters, a 6-foot-21/2, 200-pound guard, an athletic scholarship this summer. And not surprisingly, the South Philadelphia native accepted, giving the Orangemen an oral commitment just one week later.

All it took was a visit to Syracuse's elite camp in July and a chance to showcase his singular skills, and Waiters - previously denied entry to Neumann-Goretti and at the time without a high school - had his college future seemingly set.

he committed the summer before his sophomore year.

http://articles.philly.com/2007-09-02/sports/24995573_1_commitment-dwayne-polee-neumann-goretti

Dion Waiters is 15 years old.

He is not quite a sophomore, has only recently settled on his third high school, and has yet to compete in a varsity basketball game.

But he still is being hailed as a blue-chip, can't-miss prospect.

Apparently, that was enough for Syracuse to offer Waiters, a 6-foot-21/2, 200-pound guard, an athletic scholarship this summer. And not surprisingly, the South Philadelphia native accepted, giving the Orangemen an oral commitment just one week later.

All it took was a visit to Syracuse's elite camp in July and a chance to showcase his singular skills, and Waiters - previously denied entry to Neumann-Goretti and at the time without a high school - had his college future seemingly set.
Good find. Only my man Dion could commit to college without even finding a HS to go to first lol.

Wait he's a 6'5"guard and is only freshman? Wow. Hope he continues to improve and we stay on him.

Appears to be a very early SU possible lean...hopefully, he doesn't explode too much a la Anthony Davis and then, for obvious reasons, falls out of our consideration...

Why have the staff not pulled the trigger and offered this kid? Clearly he is a pretty special player. Might have something to do with the fact that if he committed, he would be a member of Hop's first recruiting class. That is if Boeheim sticks with the plan

Appears to be a very early SU possible lean...hopefully, he doesn't explode too much a la Anthony Davis and then, for obvious reasons, falls out of our consideration...
Everyone is pretty aware of him already. Totally different situation from Anthony Davis who had little attention until a growth spurt. And then he got $ome late attention that turned hi$ eye$ to Kentucky.

Everyone is pretty aware of him already. Totally different situation from Anthony Davis who had little attention until a growth spurt. And then he got $ome late attention that turned hi$ eye$ to Kentucky.

Davis. Ugh. I hate thinking about what a monster our '11-12 team would have been. It was a monster even without him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom