Class of 2022 - SF Chris Bunch (CA / Wasatch) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SF Chris Bunch (CA / Wasatch) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Living in Seattle so paying close attention to Washington’s recruiting or lack of recently. However Hop hired two new Assistant Coaches in Wyking Jones and former UW player Quincy Pondexter who both have strong ties to California. Pondexter is the main recruiter for Bunch and was a 6’7 wing who turned pro himself so assuming he’s working that angle.

Washington has also offered two of Bunch’s teammates at Wasatch Academy in Koren Johnson (local Seattle kid and top 100 player) and Keba Keita (just offered last week). Both Johnson and Bunch are announcing at the end of this month but not sure if they are announcing together or separately.

Living in Seattle so paying close attention to Washington’s recruiting or lack of recently. However Hop hired two new Assistant Coaches in Wyking Jones and former UW player Quincy Pondexter who both have strong ties to California. Pondexter is the main recruiter for Bunch and was a 6’7 wing who turned pro himself so assuming he’s working that angle.

Washington has also offered two of Bunch’s teammates at Wasatch Academy in Koren Johnson (local Seattle kid and top 100 player) and Keba Keita (just offered last week). Both Johnson and Bunch are announcing at the end of this month but not sure if they are announcing together or separately.

98627858-9C2C-4C4C-A6BC-4D94EB76C757.jpeg

The weather here is good—second to LA— but on a quick drive through the SDSU campus area a few months ago, I was not impressed. Disappointed, actually.
Agreed, UCSD and University of San Diego have nicer campuses in my opinion and in better areas closer to the beach

No clue what the campus is like, but I think I might just not care what the campus is like.
I live in south orange county and have friends that went to SDSU (I grew up in Cuse and went to New Paltz), but let's just say they all had wonderful college experiences. Kinda jealous.

This is exactly how I was when I went to UC-Santa barb for a few weeks in 2019 to visit family and my cousin who goes there. Safe to say my eyes were not on the structures.
I am a Gaucho by family connections. The Thunder Dome is a great place to watch a basketball game. The rest of the campus is great for people watching. If I'd have gone there, I don't know if I would've made it all 4 years! I love that place!!

The weather here is good—second to LA— but on a quick drive through the SDSU campus area a few months ago, I was not impressed. Disappointed, actually.
my daughter goes to SDSU, I like the campus, but I wasn't impressed by it the way I was when we visited UC Santa Barbara. I do like the cost of SDSU compared to the other schools in SD and UCSB!

Last edited:
I was pretty stunned how grim it was. Love SD. Would move there in a sec if I could

I was pretty stunned how grim it was. Love SD. Would move there in a sec if I could
It’s probably the only city in California I’d seriously consider moving to. Absolutely loved it when I was there.

It’s probably the only city in California I’d seriously consider moving to. Absolutely loved it when I was there.

I'm with you on this just adding the countryside of NorCal or down by Monterrey.

This is an interesting recruitment with Bunch and frankly the key to how many of us will feel about this class. If we get another top 100 kid like Bunch and also land Brown we will have 5 terrific building blocks for the future in this class.
The kid has visited twice. There is the RocNation contact with his family which our program also has. Washington and Rutgers seem like the only competition given his final 3 and we are the best program of the three. Hop could be and maybe already is in a precarious situation.
But despite the above this has always felt like a weird recruitment. With the first 3 recruits at some point there felt like there was an air of inevitability, as it feels like with Brown. In this case it doesn't feel inevitable, given the geography and Hop's involvement it feels up in the air.
Have to hope he has advisors who can look at our roster and see that we have a pg in Quadir, a slasher/scorer/shooter in JT, a big man/rebounder in Carey and hopefully a 4 in Brown. What our class is missing is a pure shooter like Bunch. It is the perfect spot for him. Hoping the staff puts a hard final push in, as i'm sure they will, and Bunch ends up where he belongs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom