Class of 2018 - SF Cole Swider (RI) Transferring from Villanova to Syracuse | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SF Cole Swider (RI) Transferring from Villanova to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to wonder if our recruiters know these kids want to feel the love constantly. Shoot them a text or call every day or couple days. Like the walker recruitment where he said he stopped hearing from us...

I'm starting to wonder if our recruiters know these kids want to feel the love constantly. Shoot them a text or call every day or couple days. Like the walker recruitment where he said he stopped hearing from us...

I'm in complete agreement, that's not much to ask at all, especially the texting regularly. It just makes me think he's not high on the priority list and is a plan B or C even though that makes absolutely 0 sense with this kids shooting ability and the fact he's been elite against the elite competition. Love what he said in the article about how he doesn't want to waste anyones time, by putting us in the top 8 without showing extreme levels of interest makes me believe he wants to keep us around, now the staff has to push to close.

It didnt mention us but he did mention all 8 are after him hard.

You mean like other recruits like Tucker who said he heard from us every day?

Yea...except duke came calling. Not sure what your point is? Obviously we won't get them all and maybe swider isn't plan A. I don't pretend to know but it seemed like we were high on this kid and then a interview comes out and he barely mentions us. Now maybe it was certain questions that were asked or it's just tid bits of info so it may not mean much but it seems like this keeps happening where we are supposedly high on a recruit and then new press comes out and the kid doesn't even mention us? It is what it is I'm not one that likes to rag on our staff or question the direction we are going in but this recruiting cycle has been odd to say the least.

And swider hopefully won't have duke or Kentucky calling or texting him. And as of right now they aren't so we SHOULD be. No reason for us to lose out to any other school for silly reasons like not keeping in contact with a kid besides maybe the blue bloods. And I'm only basing this off one small interview so maybe the staff is in constant contact with Him? Who knows because I certainly don't. I'm starting to think these press guys and recruiting analysts like zags etc all hate cuse and JB so maybe they purposely leave us out of things to mess with us!

Yea...except duke came calling. Not sure what your point is? Obviously we won't get them all and maybe swider isn't plan A. I don't pretend to know but it seemed like we were high on this kid and then a interview comes out and he barely mentions us. Now maybe it was certain questions that were asked or it's just tid bits of info so it may not mean much but it seems like this keeps happening where we are supposedly high on a recruit and then new press comes out and the kid doesn't even mention us? It is what it is I'm not one that likes to rag on our staff or question the direction we are going in but this recruiting cycle has been odd to say the least.

My point was you wondered whether our coaches even know how to reach out to kids. My reply was we have with other recruits, like Tucker every day, so must be we know how to.

My point was you wondered whether our coaches even know how to reach out to kids. My reply was we have with other recruits, like Tucker every day, so must be we know how to.

Point taken. Guess we reach out to some better then others it seems. Like I said, we can't land them all so that would be a lot of wasted energy if we did but just thought it was odd seeing as tho swider seemed like a high priority.

Also gotta remember that we've seen articles of us talking to kids and such without any of us going and it's a nice pleasant surprise.

yeah cuz the extent of a kid mentioning SU in an interview tells us everything EVERYTHING

and also McAllister / s k o w t just tweeted a teaser for a new interview with Swider in which he apparently is saying we're still recruiting him hard
Was just about to say this. People gotta chill

The thing I'm going to take away from all of this the past couple days is to not read into these interviews and articles too much. I've been too quick to judge based off of things like this and I've realized that some of these guys don't even mention us in their interviews and some do. Makes you wonder if some of these press dudes have something against certain schools/coaches etc because it's funny how most will have us included then some won't even mention us. Sorry guys I've learned a valuable lesson and retract my comments that our coaches need to text coles gram and gramps more because it seems we are still pushing hard for cole. With that said, this article makes us sound like a great spot for him and I'm sure he knows that because it's pretty spot on. We do a good job of getting guys to the NBA and the lydon comparison is spot on because that's exactly what we could do for a player like cole. Hopefully that's attractive to him and we can land him for 18.

Absolutely every writer has a bias of some sort. Some promote certain schools more than others, so even though an article does or doesn't give an indication of contact, it may or may not reflect reality.

And these kids are not fools. They quickly learn who the writers have interest in and who they don't. The kid wants people to write about them. They want to be sold. They need to be sold. So, sometimes the kids will feed the writer the info they think the want.

That's why you can get two different articles from two different people, talking about the same kid, and get entirely different lists of schools of interest or who is communicating the most with them.

Don't rely upon the writer to inform you of their bias. Be smart. Never trust media. Never believe what they say to be the whole truth.

Swider, and Carey. Please. We have to get these two. All hands on deck for these two.

With Hughes, and them then we are good to go. Add whoever else when/if someone else moves on. Our frontcourt is fine. Need to get Carey, then Swider or Hughes play up top. Probably Hughes. Just want these two. April 2019 could be special.

Swider is a beast. Wish it was easy these days, and we had kids locked up early, but those days are gone it seems. No more Dion Waiters. Moyers don't happen often. Unless you're UK, Duke, Kansas, and a couple others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom