Class of 2018 - SF Cole Swider (RI) Transferring from Villanova to Syracuse | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SF Cole Swider (RI) Transferring from Villanova to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swider, and Carey. Please. We have to get these two. All hands on deck for these two.

With Hughes, and them then we are good to go. Add whoever else when/if someone else moves on. Our frontcourt is fine. Need to get Carey, then Swider or Hughes play up top. Probably Hughes. Just want these two. April 2019 could be special.

Swider is a beast. Wish it was easy these days, and we had kids locked up early, but those days are gone it seems. No more Dion Waiters. Moyers don't happen often. Unless you're UK, Duke, Kansas, and a couple others.

Swider is not a guard. He's a big kid. I don't care how people refer to him. There is zero chance he play at the top of the zone if we are fortunate to land him at about 6'9" 215 or whatever he weighs. It would be like putting a muscular Lydon up top.

Swider is not a guard. He's a big kid. I don't care how people refer to him. There is zero chance he play at the top of the zone if we are fortunate to land him at about 6'9" 215 or whatever he weighs. It would be like putting a muscular Lydon up top.

Agreed. He's definitely a 3, and a damn perfect one for our system, in my eyes. He does have Lydon type measurables, but couldn't imagine him at the 5 ever, obviously. Could be a 3/4 on offense. Not sure why he's listed as a guard. He's big, and battles down low for boards well.

Gonna be tough if we lose out to Creighton, or X. We have a lot in our frontcourt, but he would get plenty of minutes at the 3. Plus, who knows how long Marek stays.

Any word on the leader for him? Meth Ball says X, but 1 prediction. We are the only team on his list that is cool, not warm. Luckily we have depth at the 3/4, but he's a special player. We shall see. When Lydon goes in the 1st round he should see that he can come here for a year, or two and will be an automatic 1st rounder. Well, that's what I'd be telling him. How many of the 7 other schools pump out 1st rounders like us.

Gonna be tough if we lose out to Creighton, or X. We have a lot in our frontcourt, but he would get plenty of minutes at the 3. Plus, who knows how long Marek stays.

Any word on the leader for him? Meth Ball says X, but 1 prediction. We are the only team on his list that is cool, not warm. Luckily we have depth at the 3/4, but he's a special player. We shall see. When Lydon goes in the 1st round he should see that he can come here for a year, or two and will be an automatic 1st rounder. Well, that's what I'd be telling him. How many of the 7 other schools pump out 1st rounders like us.
Creighton and X are a hundred million miles away from Rhode Island. I think he stays in the Northeast or at least on the East Coast. Omaha, Nebraska? No thanks.

I don't know who the leader is. I am a bit concerned that our frontcourt depth could be an issue as far as landing a guy like this. Unless our frontcourt depth only exists on paper. Let's see how good our freshmen forwards are. That said, I agree with you, he'd see the floor for us as a freshman.

I love Swider more and more I watch him. He's another guy that plays with a lot of passion. He has an inside-outside game. To me, he's very underrated. Let's lock him in before he's not.

(I'm not sure Lydon is a lock to go in the first round. Hope that happens for him but it isn't a sure thing.)

Agreed. He's definitely a 3, and a damn perfect one for our system, in my eyes. He does have Lydon type measurables, but couldn't imagine him at the 5 ever, obviously. Could be a 3/4 on offense. Not sure why he's listed as a guard. He's big, and battles down low for boards well.

You said you could see him up top...I assume you meant as a guard at the top of the 2-3?

You said you could see him up top...I assume you meant as a guard at the top of the 2-3?

Well, I said Hughes or Swider up top, and probably Hughes. Unless I did say I could see him up top somewhere else. I think it's obvious he's a wing, but is listed as a G so much that I just threw him in there. Don't think he ever sniffs the 2 anywhere in College. Carey, Hughes, Swider. 1, 2, 3 sounds good to me for 2018.

We shall agree to disagree on the Lydon lock thing. That's my stance, and I'm sticking to it, hah.

Creighton and X are a hundred million miles away from Rhode Island. I think he stays in the Northeast or at least on the East Coast. Omaha, Nebraska? No thanks.

Who knows. I haven't a clue on his recruitment. You would think Nova, Cuse, and maybe Indiana. Miami if he wants to go some place warm. No disrespect to X, or Creighton. They have put players in the league, and are good programs.

Well, can't forget Providence if he wants to stay home. Also, Michigan is a decent fit. So basically, who the hell knows. Not I.

Well, I said Hughes or Swider up top, and probably Hughes. Unless I did say I could see him up top somewhere else. I think it's obvious he's a wing, but is listed as a G so much that I just threw him in there. Don't think he ever sniffs the 2 anywhere in College. Carey, Hughes, Swider. 1, 2, 3 sounds good to me for 2018.

We shall agree to disagree on the Lydon lock thing. That's my stance, and I'm sticking to it, hah.

Got it.

I'm not saying Lydon won't be a first rounder, just that he's not a lock. Good sign out of the combine with him not scrimmaging but I really doubt he will be a top 25 pick. If he's a first rounder, think it'd be late first. Hope he doesn't have a sweat but I think he will and he could slide to the 2nd.

Back to Swider, his list is one that you'd expect us to come out on top but we need to aggressively recruit him as our number one forward option. Make it clear to him that he is our priority.

A class of hughes/Swider/bazley/carey and add buddy would be awesome. I would also have no problem substituting carey for David duke but we HAVE to land one of them. Think it will be a tough sell to get swider and bazley if our freshman forwards we have now end up being legitimate it's gunna be hard to convince them of having a lot of playing time.

Got it.

I'm not saying Lydon won't be a first rounder, just that he's not a lock. Good sign out of the combine with him not scrimmaging but I really doubt he will be a top 25 pick. If he's a first rounder, think it'd be late first. Hope he doesn't have a sweat but I think he will and he could slide to the 2nd.

Back to Swider, his list is one that you'd expect us to come out on top but we need to aggressively recruit him as our number one forward option. Make it clear to him that he is our priority.

Yeah. Swider, and Carey need to be priority 1A, and 1B. I won't get into Lydon too much, but doubt he's sweating. Anyway, I'll leave that for me, and Briancuse.

Swider thread, and all. This kid absolutely should, and probably is a priority. With those schools listed, you would think we are the best fit for him. He's doubtful to be one, and done so a year with minutes then gets the keys in his second year possibly.

Maybe. We shall see. On paper, probably but MD could be a pure 3. MD is much closer to a 3 than a 4.
Well yes it all depends on how they all develop and such. But as of today anyways he would be the only pure three. Time will tell however.

Seems like with three forwards on the roster already, the staff will go for only one forward? Swider the first choice because of his SF skills but maybe Bazley second choice?

Seems like with three forwards on the roster already, the staff will go for only one forward? Swider the first choice because of his SF skills but maybe Bazley second choice?
We would take them both and not give it a second thought.

Nothing against our guys but having kids that can shoot makes the game much easier. I'd rather have swider over bazley for that reason.

This is kind of a catch-22, no?

If our forwards all end up being good, then missing out on Bazley/Swider isn't a huge deal because we have talent there already. If our forwards suck, Bazley/Swider will have an obvious path to playing time, so the "log jam" won't be a big deal.

Swider has a completely different skill set than all of our forwards right now, so I don't see that as an issue. However, his differing skillset might not be enough to get him here if Brissett/Marek are both as good as advertised, because then we'd have no PT. But then missing out on Swider isn't a huge loss since we have 2 studs at the 3/4 already.

This is kind of a catch-22, no?

If our forwards all end up being good, then missing out on Bazley/Swider isn't a huge deal because we have talent there already. If our forwards suck, Bazley/Swider will have an obvious path to playing time, so the "log jam" won't be a big deal.

Swider has a completely different skill set than all of our forwards right now, so I don't see that as an issue. However, his differing skillset might not be enough to get him here if Brissett/Marek are both as good as advertised, because then we'd have no PT. But then missing out on Swider isn't a huge loss since we have 2 studs at the 3/4 already.
OttoinGrotto was moved very deeply by the absolute simplicity of this clause of Catch-22 and let out a respectful whistle.

"That's some catch, that Catch-22," he observed.

"It's the best there is," jdubs30 agreed.

OttoinGrotto saw it clearly in all its spinning reasonableness. There was an elliptical precision about its perfect pair of parts that was graceful and shocking, like good modern art, and at times OttoinGrotto wasn't quite sure that he saw it at all, just the way he was never quite sure about good modern art...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom