Class of 2018 - SF Cole Swider (RI) Transferring from Villanova to Syracuse | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SF Cole Swider (RI) Transferring from Villanova to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
How tall is he? Seems like some of shorter kids he was shooting against were getting close to deflecting his shot.

Shooting form looks like Andy Rautins
Looks a little like Klay Thompson to me from first video, but just watching the others I can see the Rautins comparsion.

Here goes some of his offensive averages in the EYBL last year. 12 games-12 PPG, 46% FG, 41% 3PT on 70 attempts, 100% FT but only 13 attempts. So to sum it up, this cat is an efficient scorer/sniper and should see his #'s increase with a bigger role this year in the EYBL. Long range shooting has done wonder for our squad in this recent run and the offers to Swider and Reeves shows that Hop wants it to continue.

Looks like a little less athletic version of Jordon Tucker. My biggest question with him is where does he play? I didn't see a ton of lateral quickness so I don't know if he could play at the top of the zone and Im not sure he's strong enough or athletic enough right now to play on the wing? Still looks a little like he's growing into his body so that might come with time. That said the boy can shoot, and at 6'7 there is a lot to work with. Given the dearth of scholly's we have available I would have no problem scooping this kid up and letting him develop.

Looks like a little less athletic version of Jordon Tucker. My biggest question with him is where does he play? I didn't see a ton of lateral quickness so I don't know if he could play at the top of the zone and Im not sure he's strong enough or athletic enough right now to play on the wing? Still looks a little like he's growing into his body so that might come with time. That said the boy can shoot, and at 6'7 there is a lot to work with. Given the dearth of scholly's we have available I would have no problem scooping this kid up and letting him develop.

Plus, he has a cool name. That never hurts.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom