Class of 2018 - SF Cole Swider (RI) Transferring from Villanova to Syracuse | Page 48 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SF Cole Swider (RI) Transferring from Villanova to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
"People are worried about our next recruit. Our next recruit is going to be sitting out this year at Syracuse," Boeheim said. "He's as good as anyone in the country. We have a really good head start on next year. I think we'll see how this year goes recruiting. It'll be interesting."

Direct quote from Jim Boeheim yesterday.

OK, I read the article and see he's talking about Hughes. Taken out of context it sounded like there was some amazing mystery man player lined up to commit at any minute.

wow you chiming in now/in this context? shocking
If you were on the titanic all you'd ever do is complain that everyone else is in a panic or despair. Everyone would be scrambling for the life rafts and you'd be shouting, "Why are y'all so whiny and melodramatic?"

Gbinije was a great player who played PG because we had nobody else that could do it.

exactly. Boeheim's system, his program, turned a forgotten Dukie wing into an All ACC point. That is a point of strength, don't knwo why we have folks who want to disparage that

Not the end of the world but it's not all sunshine and rainbows either as some are suggesting, now I know the Tucker and Swider personalities/recruitments are completely different but while the Tucker saga was going on people would say it's Duke or it's UK and we flat out can't compete with them and then we get into another key recruitment that the staff evidently put emphasis on and it's not Duke or UK, it's Nova and obviously they're a great program with some recent success but is this telling that Syracuse has fallen off the level of a Villanova? I don't think it's a huge deal to fall off of that level as some will probably criticize me for saying that but it's just what I believe, along with thinking we will be right back up when we hire a new coach as it's quite evident JB is complacent and is not looking to broaden his horizons.

Huh Devo?

Line from the rapper Fabolous.

Nova may have some snakes in the grass, who knows. Not saying they do. I don't trust anyone. Jay Wright is loved, but looks like a used car salesman. We need Billy Fuccillo to be a bigger fan. He enjoys Florida too much, unfortunately.

Some, keyword some, still wonder why we have been losing out on some kids with families, AAU, and handlers so involved.

Not the end of the world but it's not all sunshine and rainbows either as some are suggesting, now I know the Tucker and Swider personalities/recruitments are completely different but while the Tucker saga was going on people would say it's Duke or it's UK and we flat out can't compete with them and then we get into another key recruitment that the staff evidently put emphasis on and it's not Duke or UK, it's Nova and obviously they're a great program with some recent success but is this telling that Syracuse has fallen off the level of a Villanova? I don't think it's a huge deal to fall off of that level as some will probably criticize me for saying that but it's just what I believe, along with thinking we will be right back up when we hire a new coach as it's quite evident JB is complacent and is not looking to broaden his horizons.

He pulled in a kid from Slovakia. I don't think he's complacent, and is broadening his horizons. Grad transfers, transfers. The sanctions made things so much worse than some think, yet we still made a FF.

The guy is as competitive as there is. He could have asked for more money, or went somewhere for more money. At any time, but isn't complacent, and just trying to collect a check. JB wants to win every single game.

Oh yeah, and for Syracuse University. I guess he's complacent in that form.

I'm not sure Marek and Geno are generating the same kinds of suitors as some Top 25-50 H.S. kid right now. Those are emergency guys anyways. I do believe they will be better than advertised but we don't know. Lots of unknowns. But, I am not confident at ALL with Boeheim going up against a K, Cal, Sean Miller, Roy, Wright, Pitino, Buzz, Larranaga, Alford, Shaka, Andy Enfield, now Hop, etc., and their staffs. Are you?

Geno will be a stud and so will oshae I think a lot of people are sleeping on him, think he gets drafted after 2 years at cuse!!!

Geno will be a stud and so will oshae I think a lot of people are sleeping on him, think he gets drafted after 2 years at cuse!!!

and which guys are going to completely crap the bed, because that's how it works. Its not just everyone overshoots expectations.

Nova may have some snakes in the grass, who knows. Not saying they do. I don't trust anyone. Jay Wright is loved, but looks like a used car salesman. We need Billy Fuccillo to be a bigger fan. He enjoys Florida too much, unfortunately.

Some, keyword some, still wonder why we have been losing out on some kids with families, AAU, and handlers so involved.

Was so confused when I just moved to Tampa and saw him on a million commercials instantly.

and which guys are going to completely crap the bed, because that's how it works. Its not just everyone overshoots expectations.
Chukwu and frank and they ll be replaced next year imo!

I'm not sure Marek and Geno are generating the same kinds of suitors as some Top 25-50 H.S. kid right now. Those are emergency guys anyways. I do believe they will be better than advertised but we don't know. Lots of unknowns. But, I am not confident at ALL with Boeheim going up against a K, Cal, Sean Miller, Roy, Wright, Pitino, Buzz, Larranaga, Alford, Shaka, Andy Enfield, now Hop, etc., and their staffs. Are you?
1> the job of a coach is not to accumulate as many top 25-50 guys as he can; it is to evaluate all the available talent and to then try to land the ones that he thinks are the best fits for his system. I think Boehemi has proven himself to be a very good judge of talent.
2> yes, I am confident. Do I think he's going to win every battle? Of course not. But he is going to win his share and enough to field competitive teams.

Sure am. Especially the at ALL part. I really can't believe people think we would be better off with JB retiring. When that day comes, enjoy. It will be a rude awakening for many. People think we can't compete for recruits now, but think we are gonna bring in another HOF coach. Odd to me.

I do wish the staff had a different member than a former player who won a Championship, but I'm trying to get over that.

He pulled in a kid from Slovakia. I don't think he's complacent, and is broadening his horizons. Grad transfers, transfers. The sanctions made things so much worse than some think, yet we still made a FF.

The guy is as competitive as there is. He could have asked for more money, or went somewhere for more money. At any time, but isn't complacent, and just trying to collect a check. JB wants to win every single game.

Oh yeah, and for Syracuse University. I guess he's complacent in that form.

Well he pulled the kid from Slovakia because most other options were exhausted and ultimately it was Red that travelled over there to show interest. I think Marek will be great but at that point options were limited.

Well he pulled the kid from Slovakia because most other options were exhausted and ultimately it was Red that travelled over there to show interest. I think Marek will be great but at that point options were limited.

Hah. It's always something with people here. I'll move on. Waste of time. I'll let JB's record do the talking.

1> the job of a coach is not to accumulate as many top 25-50 guys as he can; it is to evaluate all the available talent and to then try to land the ones that he thinks are the best fits for his system. I think Boehemi has proven himself to be a very good judge of talent.
2> yes, I am confident. Do I think he's going to win every battle? Of course not. But he is going to win his share and enough to field competitive teams.

And we're missing on all of the top targets for his system.

Fabolous is from philly, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors