Class of 2024 - SF Cooper Flagg (ME) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 SF Cooper Flagg (ME)

His name is Cooper Flagg. Cooper Flagg! When the recruit has an absurdly, straight up, one hundred percent Duke kid name, it's time to wave bye bye. It's Recruiting 101.
what-the-hell-is-wrong-with-you-wth.gif

Wonder if he gets an invite to this summer’s elite camp.

Just had my second son and named him Cooper, but can pretty much guarantee he won’t go to Duke.
If your last name is also Flagg, then those are fighting words by me :)

Couldn't you just have gone with Derrick? Tyler? Sherman is nice, don't you think? Boy or girl!

Congrats and welcome Cooper!

Just had my second son and named him Cooper, but can pretty much guarantee he won’t go to Duke.
Congrats!
Had a good friend with that name honoring his grandfather Walker Cooper who played baseball in the 40's and 50's. Always fun to say Coooooooooop :)

I’m watching some of the Under 17 FIBA quarterfinals, USA vs Serbia. US has DJ Wagner, Ian Jackson, etc and the kid who’s completely dominating the game at both ends of the floor is Cooper Flagg. 6’7” 15 yr olds. Kid is unbelievable at his age, does everything possible, plays point forward, drains threes and dominates offensively and defensively around the basket, blocks a lot of shots, hustles his ass off. Plays like he’s a college vet. He’s probably going to grow a lot more. He’s playing against guys two years older than him and he’s easily the best player on the floor by a very wide margin. Duke is his favorite school and Scheyer is already all over him. :(

I’m watching some of the Under 17 FIBA quarterfinals, USA vs Serbia. US has DJ Wagner, Ian Jackson, etc and the kid who’s completely dominating the game at both ends of the floor is Cooper Flagg. 6’7” 15 yr olds. Kid is unbelievable at his age, does everything possible, plays point forward, drains threes and dominates offensively and defensively around the basket, blocks a lot of shots, hustles his ass off. Plays like he’s a college vet. He’s probably going to grow a lot more. He’s playing against guys two years older than him and he’s easily the best player on the floor by a very wide margin. Duke is his favorite school and Scheyer is already all over him. :(
Kid was a phenom a couple of years ago. His mother played at U of Maine and had a friend in Boston that's a trainer who works with guys prepping to try out for the pros. She brought Cooper and Ace (his twin brother) to work out with the trainer and some of his clients (for lack of a better word) and Cooper dominated the competition. Fran McCaffrey and Juwan Howard were on him early and have been in contact since the beginning of 9th grade. I was hoping we would land JP and maybe that would open a door but Cooper has blown up and is now going to prep (with Ace) at Montverde. Likely headed to Duke, but there's still time to get involved. I saw an interview where he said he hangs at Popham Beach. If we go there this Summer I'll be sure to wear an SU shirt and put in a good word.