Class of 2018 - SF Frankie Policelli (New Hartford, NY) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SF Frankie Policelli (New Hartford, NY)

The PS article says he is playing the 2 for his AAU team. Anyone think he could play the 2 at Cuse or is he strictly a 3? It would be great to have a player with some position flexibility.

The PS article says he is playing the 2 for his AAU team. Anyone think he could play the 2 at Cuse or is he strictly a 3? It would be great to have a player with some position flexibility.

Outside of Lebron I don't ever see any 6'8" guy having the lateral quickness to play the two in our zone nor see JB ever attempting it.

Kid needs to transfer or PG. He's not getting any better dominating local TVL comp. See Wright, Josh

Kid needs to transfer or PG. He's not getting any better dominating local TVL comp. See Wright, Josh

You may be right, but your screen name also tells me you might be biased against New Hartford players. ;) If he does get to SU level, it would be fun seeing another 315 kid make it. He may even already be an SU fan, and someone who actually would be stoked to be an Orange, unlke the kids that keep stringing us along?

If it means anything, yesterday Mike Waters tweeted to keep an eye on him, lol.

You may be right, but your screen name also tells me you might be biased against New Hartford players. ;) If he does get to SU level, it would be fun seeing another 315 kid make it. He may even already be an SU fan, and someone who actually would be stoked to be an Orange, unlke the kids that keep stringing us along?

If it means anything, yesterday Mike Waters tweeted to keep an eye on him, lol.
Lol not at all. Trust me, I'll be the first to tell you how poor W'Boro basketball is & has been. I'm actually saying that he's not going to get any better playing against the mediocre likes of W'Boro, UND, VVS, Clinton etc. He's almost always going to be the tallest player on the floor by a good 4-5", which will hinder the development of his perimeter skills. He's easily the best player the Mohawk Valley has seen since Josh Wright. I respect players for wanting to stay & play for their hometown &, with how many AAU games they play, maybe this is all irrelevant.

Just my personal opinion, from having seen Frankie play in person 3-4 times last season, I don't think he was an SU caliber recruit at that point but his ceiling is high & he could certainly become one, especially if he re-classed to 2019 & had a year in a solid prep program. He's got the physique to put on 15-20 pounds of good weight without losing quickness, leaping ability.

Lol not at all. Trust me, I'll be the first to tell you how poor W'Boro basketball is & has been. I'm actually saying that he's not going to get any better playing against the mediocre likes of W'Boro, UND, VVS, Clinton etc. He's almost always going to be the tallest player on the floor by a good 4-5", which will hinder the development of his perimeter skills. He's easily the best player the Mohawk Valley has seen since Josh Wright. I respect players for wanting to stay & play for their hometown &, with how many AAU games they play, maybe this is all irrelevant.

Just my personal opinion, from having seen Frankie play in person 3-4 times last season, I don't think he was an SU caliber recruit at that point but his ceiling is high & he could certainly become one, especially if he re-classed to 2019 & had a year in a solid prep program. He's got the physique to put on 15-20 pounds of good weight without losing quickness, leaping ability.
I think you are right. He definitely doesn't benefit from playing at New Hartford. I live in New Hartford, btw. He is getting a GREAT education, and maybe that is what he and his parents don't want to compromise.

From reports it sounds as if he's starting to turn his game up a notch. He is coming off a injury last year right?

I'm starting to think because of his past injury that this kid may be way under rated and just coming into his own. Can stroke it from outside and dang he looks like he's built like a stud for the next level. Would love to see some more tape On him this year and see how he progresses.

I'm starting to think because of his past injury that this kid may be way under rated and just coming into his own. Can stroke it from outside and dang he looks like he's built like a stud for the next level. Would love to see some more tape On him this year and see how he progresses.
That formula usually works pretty good for us...

Hop's the enemy now.

I like this kid's game. We're involved with a bunch of really good small forward prospects -- will be interesting to see which forwards we land [if any, given that we loaded up with Hughes / Dolezaj late].

It seems that some on here may have undervalued the kid, or not seen whatever Hop sees in him. Maybe that at least means the Cuse has had their eye on him since the days of Hop. If we trust Hop, Cuse may want to get busy and make an offer, unless they feel they'd get the "hometown discount", and have extra time if the kid is a Cuse fan. Im not sure if he's lived his whole life in New Hartford or if his folks moved there at some point for the education or whatever other reasons people move to New Hartford, so I don't want to assume he is a fan, although the love for the Cuse is generally big there.

Its kind of a shame Hop couldnt have been made to sign something akin to a nondisclosure form, that wouldnt let him continue to recruit kids he got intel on as a member of the Orange staff.