Class of 2018 - SF Frankie Policelli (New Hartford, NY) | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SF Frankie Policelli (New Hartford, NY)

Sure, but by all accounts WE aren't actively pursuing HIM. That's what I'm referring to.

I'm not saying he'd come here, that he wouldn't be able to play earlier somewhere else--his prerogative--it just seems odd to me that there is a kid with high major offers 60 miles from our school, who is a shooter [team weakness] and seems like he'd fit our system that we're not paying attention to.

yeah, I also think Frankie is a little better than the attention he has received. He was a local kid (New Hartford?), and he was at the SU Elite camp in August. The staff no doubt has a good feel for him.

I really like the renewed emphasis on targeting very high end offense talent. But, the back end of the roster spots that we haven't filled could use another shooter (I would also put Girard in this category).

Have to wonder if we will take a filler on him? Seems like a Southerland clone

Have to wonder if we will take a filler on him? Seems like a Southerland clone

SUM_41_ALL%2BKILLER%2BNO%2BFILLER-196321.jpg

Whats his size?

Bring him in for depth.

With the departure of Moyer why not? If he can shoot it even a little bit, that is something that was missing on this year's team and it would address that. Also seems very capable athletically. Take a chance, rather take him than a development big man.
Or, we would bring him in and he'd end up transferring out like Moyer in a few years. Don't take flyers on kids when next year's class is so much stronger.

Or, we would bring him in and he'd end up transferring out like Moyer in a few years. Don't take flyers on kids when next year's class is so much stronger.
Fair. HOWEVER, if 2019 is much stronger, they better bring in a big time class with a bunch of kids. From 2018 we will be losing likely 4(Howard, Chukwu, Brissett, Bazely) maybe 6(Hughes, Dolezaj) scholarship players. Need to have a strong class, meaning 6 commits. Do we think we can do that in one cycle? With the recruiting being the way its been the last few seasons, me thinks its a no.

Fair. HOWEVER, if 2019 is much stronger, they better bring in a big time class with a bunch of kids. From 2018 we will be losing likely 4 maybe 5 scholarship players. Need to have a strong class, meaning 6 commits. Do we think we can do that in one cycle? With the recruiting being the way its been the last few seasons, me thinks its a no.

That's the counter-argument to the point bnoro raises. We could be facing heavy attrition losses heading into 2019. Would be nice to have a core nucleus at forward to bridge the gap between the roster we'll have next season and the class of 2019. Otherwise, we're locked into whoever we land in that class plus 5th year grad transfer options.

If Policeli isn't good enough, that's one thing -- but the offer list suggests otherwise.

That's the counter-argument to the point bnoro raises. We could be facing heavy attrition losses heading into 2019. Would be nice to have a core nucleus at forward to bridge the gap between the roster we'll have next season and the class of 2019. Otherwise, we're locked into whoever we land in that class plus 5th year grad transfer options.

If Policeli isn't good enough, that's one thing -- but the offer list suggests otherwise.
This is the key part too. Dont give me this crap about how he can't play the zone or doesn't fit the system(which his 6-foot 8 frame would suggest he does). If he is a good player, bring him in. Point blank.

I'd take him at this point. But I can't imagine Frankie wanting to come knowing the sole reason for the offer was Bazely's decomittment?

I'd take him at this point. But I can't imagine Frankie wanting to come knowing the sole reason for the offer was Bazely's decomittment?
Jordan Tucker to Duke because Knox chose UK. Quade to UK because Trae Young chose Oklahoma.

This stuff happens all the time.

Should not be a concern. There is a pecking order all the time in recruiting and most recruits understand that.

Yup. Most recruits understand there is a pecking order, most of them don't agree with that order, and some use the new found opportunity to prove everybody wrong. For others, the "diss" ruins the relationship. The Policelli ship most likely sailed a while ago. Too bad because he could be a good fit given how things are playing out.

Bummer...always seemed like many here didnt think very highly of him but I always liked his game. Big kid with a nice shot. Certainly could use a kid like that now!

Bummer...always seemed like many here didnt think very highly of him but I always liked his game. Big kid with a nice shot. Certainly could use a kid like that now!

I'll admit I like him a lot better now. I'd sure take him.