Class of 2018 - SF Frankie Policelli (New Hartford, NY) | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SF Frankie Policelli (New Hartford, NY)

I work with a prominent coach in the Utica area.

He has nice things to say about the kid but doesn't see him as a Syracuse type player.

He struggles to create his own shot but can knock them down if he is open

Maryland is probably the favorite at this point if the offer is commitable

I work with a prominent coach in the Utica area.

He has nice things to say about the kid but doesn't see him as a Syracuse type player.

He struggles to create his own shot but can knock them down if he is open

Maryland is probably the favorite at this point if the offer is commitable
Poor man's James Southerland then? I'd sign up for that.

It's so ridiculous how many kids just take off now instead of working their way up the rotation. Got in 20 games as a true fresh on a really solid team. Would have to think he becomes a rotation guy in year 2 and then moves up from there.

It's so ridiculous how many kids just take off now instead of working their way up the rotation. Got in 20 games as a true fresh on a really solid team. Would have to think he becomes a rotation guy in year 2 and then moves up from there.

You're assuming that all of the transfers are leaving because they're not seeing the floor. That may be the case here and it may not. Life happens, things change.

Also, it's not like these kids aren't sold a bill of goods by coaches that they may not measure up to built on the evaluation of a coaching staff. It's a two-way street. The coaching staff at Dayton may have been honest with him about his projection for playing time there and they mutually parted ways.

I lived in Dayton for seven years. I’d transfer too
I lived there too. It is not a bad place. Plenty of stuff to do around the university but not much in the city. Cincinnati is not far and there are things to do there also. The weather can change multiple times a day but it is not like Syracuse (an acquired taste).

Dayton has a lot of talent coming back. The kid Obi Toppin is a monster. They also had a couple transfers sitting out this year. They could get themselves into the Top 25 conversation in '19-20.

Dayton has a lot of talent coming back. The kid Obi Toppin is a monster. They also had a couple transfers sitting out this year. They could get themselves into the Top 25 conversation in '19-20.
Top 25 name nationally

He declared yesterday (although he can obviously come back)

Stony Brook
Is that even a mid major these days?

It might just be the America East but they definitely were no slouch this past season. By the time he’s eligible and Anthony Lamb is gone from Vermont he might be able to compete for an auto bid there. CNY born and raised so I’m rooting for him for sure