Class of 2022 - SG/SF Justin Taylor (VA / IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SG/SF Justin Taylor (VA / IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
2C00105F-6D04-4F12-9A6E-698D8A311067.jpeg

Context: Taylor just responded to a Cuse recruiting page on Instagram with the eyes emojis. The post was about the 2022 class being one of the best ever. Welcome to modern day recruiting

Yeah, “I’ll consider them because they offered, but...nah.”
Sounds like the Mutts are out.
He was a late offer with Luke Murray joining the staff who had been on him at Louisville. He’s definitely down the list of wings we’re recruiting. Alex Karaban appears to be a near lock so I doubt there will be much more effort expended by UConn here. If Karaban falls through there might be push, but I doubt it.

He was a late offer with Luke Murray joining the staff who had been on him at Louisville. He’s definitely down the list of wings we’re recruiting. Alex Karaban appears to be a near lock so I doubt there will be much more effort expended by UConn here. If Karaban falls through there might be push, but I doubt it.
Who do you think is UConn’s biggest competition for Karaban? Northwestern would be hard to turn down.

Who do you think is UConn’s biggest competition for Karaban? Northwestern would be hard to turn down.
Prior to Archie Miller being fired it was looking like Indiana might be a favorite. As of right now it looks like Northwestern is the only other confirmed visit so probably them. If he views himself as a four year player then NW is a no brainer. Not too many high major schools can compete with them academically. But I think if basketball is driving his decision and proximity is important then UConn is probably where he ends up.

Prior to Archie Miller being fired it was looking like Indiana might be a favorite. As of right now it looks like Northwestern is the only other confirmed visit so probably them. If he views himself as a four year player then NW is a no brainer. Not too many high major schools can compete with them academically. But I think if basketball is driving his decision and proximity is important then UConn is probably where he ends up.
He is a nice player. Kind of a modern 4/3. Taylor is more of a 2/3. More of a 2 for Syracuse. I’m not sure where he would be used at UConn, but no offense to Alex, Taylor is a much better shooter. And, as we all know, with the exception of Danny Hurley, shooters rule the game now. Sorry, couldn’t help myself.

Just curious and not being a jerk but why do you have an account on this board?

He is a nice player. Kind of a modern 4/3. Taylor is more of a 2/3. More of a 2 for Syracuse. I’m not sure where he would be used at UConn, but no offense to Alex, Taylor is a much better shooter. And, as we all know, with the exception of Danny Hurley, shooters rule the game now. Sorry, couldn’t help myself.
Haha you’re not wrong. But compared to most the shooting of most Hurley recruits, Alex is practically Ray Allen. I know this is Syracuse board but I compare Alex’s game to being a hybrid between Neils Giffey and DeAndre Daniels. Kind of a 3/4 tweener.

With regards to the positional breakdown I think you’re spot on. Taylor is a 2/3 but would have to play as a 3 or 4 since Hurley likes having at least two high level/point guard type ball handlers on the court at once and I don’t think he can do that yet.

Just curious and not being a jerk but why do you have an account on this board?
He’s better than the rest of the UConn goofs that pretend to be Syracuse fans on here. Visit all you want and discuss college basketball, it’s fun. The other guys are pathetic losers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom