Class of 2022 - SG/SF Justin Taylor (VA / IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SG/SF Justin Taylor (VA / IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taylor’s visit to UNC. He sounds every bit excited about UNC as he did SU right down to his mom and the coaches wife.

So basically each of these guys giving the same review of their visit to not tip their hand if there is anything to tip.

Taylor’s visit to UNC. He sounds every bit excited about UNC as he did SU right down to his mom and the coaches wife.

It def sucks that UNC started recruiting him harder this spring. It’s hard for kids to say no to Carolina, even with Roy not there anymore. But JB,Red and GMac just might be able to pull this off.

Last edited:
Indiana, the team that has been relevant 3 yrs over the last 20 and on their 6th coach in that time period

Taylor should be playing at this event in the DC area for some high schools down there, starts in half an hour. It’s an NCAA-sanctioned event and the first weekend that coaches can attend live events, so we should have GMac or somebody there. Taylor’s high school, St. Anne’s Belfield, plays four games, two Saturday and two Sunday. They play DeMatha Saturday night at 8pm. There’s a live stream of all the games that I haven’t checked out yet so I don’t know if they charge for it. I think it’s a lot better as a fan to see a guy play an actual game with his actual team against other tough teams than some of these other all-star events where there’s no team defense.

Taylor should be playing at this event in the DC area for some high schools down there, starts in half an hour. It’s an NCAA-sanctioned event and the first weekend that coaches can attend live events, so we should have GMac or somebody there. Taylor’s high school, St. Anne’s Belfield, plays four games, two Saturday and two Sunday. They play DeMatha Saturday night at 8pm. There’s a live stream of all the games that I haven’t checked out yet so I don’t know if they charge for it. I think it’s a lot better as a fan to see a guy play an actual game with his actual team against other tough teams than some of these other all-star events where there’s no team defense.

Don't be surprised if we offer a guy or two off this event

In Taylor’s game today he had 9 points and 6 boards in first half, and they were down double digits most of it. Tied it with 6 minutes to go in the game. Most dominant player on the team isn’t Taylor, it’s a 5’4” freshman point guard, Chance Mallory. Already has a double double, I think 13 rebounds. Good shooter and seems to be everywhere.

Taylor is having a bad shooting game, half a dozen in and outs. Announcers have seen Justin a lot, they said he might be feeling the pressure, said Hubert Davis is there and Syracuse is there, but didn’t say who. Ewing is there probably watching other guys. They said earlier there’s a lot of colleges there to watch Taylor and the top guy on the other team but they’re going to come away talking about Chance Mallory, the little freshman point guard.

Taylor finished up in the teens. His team lost by ten. Announcers said if half the in and outs had gone down he would’ve finished with thirty.

In Taylor’s game today he had 9 points and 6 boards in first half, and they were down double digits most of it. Tied it with 6 minutes to go in the game. Most dominant player on the team isn’t Taylor, it’s a 5’4” freshman point guard, Chance Mallory. Already has a double double, I think 13 rebounds. Good shooter and seems to be everywhere.

Taylor is having a bad shooting game, half a dozen in and outs. Announcers have seen Justin a lot, they said he might be feeling the pressure, said Hubert Davis is there and Syracuse is there, but didn’t say who. Ewing is there probably watching other guys. They said earlier there’s a lot of colleges there to watch Taylor and the top guy on the other team but they’re going to come away talking about Chance Mallory, the little freshman point guard.

Taylor finished up in the teens. His team lost by ten. Announcers said if half the in and outs had gone down he would’ve finished with thirty.
Wait, the little guard had 13 rebounds?

Taylor’s 2nd game just ended. Got more than a few buckets inside and making one-on-one moves for midrange jumpers. I think he only made one three the entire game and he stopped taking them, just kept going to the basket. He actually looked really good as the game went on. He seems a lot further along than Buddy did with things besides shooting, has some really nice moves getting space for his shot in the paint.

These aren’t just the local kids, the teams here have a lot of good players. DeMatha has top 100 shooting guard Rodney Rice. Besides Taylor, the other good players on his team are a 6’9 sophomore and a sophomore guard, plus freshman Chance Mallory. The kid is super quick, can jump through the roof, and handles the ball really well. He’s 64” tall with about a big vertical. If he grows to about six feet he’ll probably be a big time recruit.

Taylor’s 2nd game just ended. Got more than a few buckets inside and making one-on-one moves for midrange jumpers. I think he only made one three the entire game and he stopped taking them, just kept going to the basket. He actually looked really good as the game went on. He seems a lot further along than Buddy did with things besides shooting, has some really nice moves getting space for his shot in the paint.

These aren’t just the local kids, the teams here have a lot of good players. DeMatha has top 100 shooting guard Rodney Rice. Besides Taylor, the other good players on his team are a 6’9 sophomore and a sophomore guard, plus freshman Chance Mallory. The kid is super quick, can jump through the roof, and handles the ball really well. He’s 64” tall with about a big vertical. If he grows to about six feet he’ll probably be a big time recruit.
It is not an insult to Buddy to describe Justin as Buddy with the sport package. Bionic Buddy.

that Cam Whitmore was offered by UNC after the game.

Some Carolina fans are ready to move on from Taylor. Some think that by Davis offering Whitmore last night, Davis isn’t feeling good about his chances of getting Taylor. Unless Justin really loved the aura of UNC and the three hour drive, I think he would be crazy going there when Jimmy’s picking him up at the airport and showing him how he’s going to run the same plays for him that he does for Buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.