Class of 2022 - SG/SF Justin Taylor (VA / IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SG/SF Justin Taylor (VA / IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
You gotta admit, that UNC backdrop is cool. The VT one is a white tarp and they messed up the lighting for his photos. These are minor things that are easy to do. Not a great look for VT.

I hope somebody picked up on the great photos from some of the other schools out there. Standing next to the coach in a gym isn't going to cut it. It's an Instagram world, a guy not affiliated with the program shouldn't be doing Cuse's best graphic work.

I hope somebody picked up on the great photos from some of the other schools out there. Standing next to the coach in a gym isn't going to cut it. It's an Instagram world, a guy not affiliated with the program shouldn't be doing Cuse's best graphic work.
Maybe they can get ahold of @billionbus on Instagram ;)

Hall of Fame Coach trumps wallpaper.

To you and I, it surely does. Probably to the players themselves... But do we really want to look low rent in any way to these kids?

If he gets 5k likes for his UNC photos and 600 for ours, does it matter? I have no idea, but why screw it up so we have to wonder?

To you and I, it surely does. Probably to the players themselves... But do we really want to look low rent in any way to these kids?

If he gets 5k likes for his UNC photos and 600 for ours, does it matter? I have no idea, but why screw it up so we have to wonder?
You're right. There is no reason to lose points with recruits, if we can help it. Might as well win that battle AND have JB as the bonus.

That photo with JB was just a snapshot. His “photo shoot” pictures were different. Not as cool as UNC’s but not terrible either. It was Flip himself that chose to post the JB one first and foremost so that should tell you something. UNC has the whole Jordan thing and the shoe tie in of that, we don’t. But we have a HOF coach, they don’t. Playing to unique strengths is part of the game.

You gotta admit, that UNC backdrop is cool. The VT one is a white tarp and they messed up the lighting for his photos. These are minor things that are easy to do. Not a great look for VT.
Funniest thing was UConn Natty trophies in a corner of an office behind some books and stuff. Attention to detail speaks volumes.

Enjoy SU, JT...
Screenshot_20210610-105535_Instagram.jpg

Syracuse truly is a picturesque campus. The quad is what I always pictured a college to be like. I was disappointed when going to many other colleges. I am not sure if this stands out to all recruits, but I am sure it has helped sway some.

There are plenty of schools where you don't even feel like you are on campus half the time. SU always felt like you were the way it's designed.

Syracuse truly is a picturesque campus. The quad is what I always pictured a college to be like. I was disappointed when going to many other colleges. I am not sure if this stands out to all recruits, but I am sure it has helped sway some.
I’ve visited 3-400 colleges with my work, almost all east of the Mississippi. The Cuse campus stands up surprisingly well. The buildings are attractive and very well maintained. It’s one of the best urban campuses. I don’t think the city is as pretty as a number of others. Not sure if recruits care either- they probably focus on what their living quarters are like, things to do and where they practice and play…or how fast they can get to the NBA.

JB has been criticized in the past for (supposedly) not being involved enough with recruiting, so I think it's worth noting that he met Taylor at the airport, and later he hung out with players at his house.
Or maybe he views Taylor as a critical recruit for this class, so he's pulling out all the stops.

Watching some more of his highlights today I think he is a bit of a hybrid of Buddy and Gbinije.

Interesting...the wives of GMac and JB met with the recruit's Mom.
And Mom was favorably impressed. Justin got some "run time" in with the team
and seemed to fit in well...
I'd say these other teams- UNC and Indiana have to meet and clear a high bar
to out recruit CUSE.

JB has been criticized in the past for (supposedly) not being involved enough with recruiting, so I think it's worth noting that he met Taylor at the airport, and later he hung out with players at his house.
Or maybe he views Taylor as a critical recruit for this class, so he's pulling out all the stops.
Filipowski’s visit last weekend also included a big bbq at the Boeheim’s house and hanging out with the players who were on campus. Taylor and Flip are clearly two guys that JB and the staff are prioritizing. Now we gotta get Westry back on campus for an official!

Filipowski’s visit last weekend also included a big bbq at the Boeheim’s house and hanging out with the players who were on campus. Taylor and Flip are clearly two guys that JB and the staff are prioritizing. Now we gotta get Westry back on campus for an official!

Taylor, Filip and Lands would make a hell of a first 3. Add Westry or JJ to that and hope for a bonus or two.

Interesting...the wives of GMac and JB met with the recruit's Mom.
And Mom was favorably impressed. Justin got some "run time" in with the team
and seemed to fit in well...
I'd say these other teams- UNC and Indiana have to meet and clear a high bar
to out recruit CUSE.

Read now he worded that about his mom. Hopefully the word “if” wasn’t accidentally left out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom