Class of 2019 - SF Kahlil Whitney (NJ) to Kentucky | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 SF Kahlil Whitney (NJ) to Kentucky

Illinois is throwing everything they have at him to try and land him. Sounds like Louisville is making a hard push too...not sure how this one is going to end up for us but I really hope we are still in constant contact with guerrier if this one goes south on us. Would love them both but I don't see that happening and I'm not sure if we are even close to being in the driver's seat with whitney? Anyone with better knowledge of his recruitment know how it's looking?

Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t he already visit Syracuse unofficially?

I still say we should be hardest workers on guys we want the most. Haven’t yet heard Syracuse is really working me hard from anyone. I wanna hear it from somebody. Would make me warm and fuzzy. Just not knowing sucks.

Feels like we’re gonna end up with Akok, Wahab, and maybe Guerrier. All things considered it’s a solid class.

It’s still early. Players don’t commit early like they used too. Nobody has signed or even taken official visits. Not sure why people are freaking out. Lots of unknowns right now. We have Goodine already. That’s a lot more than most schools.

It’s still early. Players don’t commit early like they used too. Nobody has signed or even taken official visits. Not sure why people are freaking out. Lots of unknowns right now. We have Goodine already. That’s a lot more than most schools.
You are absolutely right except for the freaking out part. Not sure anyone is doing that...yet!

The Illini will be a tough out. They've been on him the longest, shown him the most love, and have one of his buddies already there (incoming freshm Ayo Dosunmu).
Brad Underwood had a nice team at OK State a few years ago and some solid teams at SFAustin. But come on, JB has been doing this forever. He has a four decade-plus proven track record. He knows the game better than anyone, and will get Kahlil where he wants to go—the NBA. Should be a no brainer over Illinois, even if that school is closer to home in Chicago.

I'd like to think we have way more to offer a kid like whitney then the likes of Illinois but I'm not sure how this one is going to end for us. And like jordville said, he is close to ayo dosunmu. Should be a no brainer when he compares the programs but now a days idk what kids are thinking of us. Like I've said before, I hope we are still recruiting guerrier as aggressive as possible.

I'd like to think we have way more to offer a kid like whitney then the likes of Illinois but I'm not sure how this one is going to end for us. And like jordville said, he is close to ayo dosunmu. Should be a no brainer when he compares the programs but now a days idk what kids are thinking of us. Like I've said before, I hope we are still recruiting guerrier as aggressive as possible.
Sometimes it’s hard to beat the home school.

Sometimes it’s hard to beat the home school.
I agree...just seems like that advantage hasn't helped us much lately but time will tell with the likes of Stewart and JG3 because we are still in the race for them as of now. Personally I dont think we get either of them but man if we did land Stewart that would be big time!

I think he’s Illinois bound. Makes sense Duke would be checking in though as he’s played himself into the top 15. Id guess we may start to back off some as it’s becoming to be more and more of a long shot. May push harder for Guerrier as well.

Any of the coaches watching him? Might be the telling sign on him

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom