Class of 2019 - SF Kahlil Whitney (NJ) to Kentucky | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 SF Kahlil Whitney (NJ) to Kentucky

Weird that they have him listed as a guard. Looks like a 3 to me.

Yeah kid is a stud, taller version of hami diallo if he continues to work on his shot and handle.

He has a jumper now. That’s why he’s taking off.
Are we looking at Whitney as a Tyus Battle/Hughes replacement ... a big wing guard that can shoot and drive and is athletic enough to defend at the ACC level? If so, isn't Guerrier about the same size, with a less established offensive game? If so that would mean we're recruiting one or the other but not both (unless the staff's looking for depth). I don't see either of these guys as front line ACC players, unless they've grown.

Are we looking at Whitney as a Tyus Battle/Hughes replacement ... a big wing guard that can shoot and drive and is athletic enough to defend at the ACC level? If so, isn't Guerrier about the same size, with a less established offensive game? If so that would mean we're recruiting one or the other but not both (unless the staff's looking for depth). I don't see either of these guys as front line ACC players, unless they've grown.

It’s a good question. I view Whitney as a 3. He plays like a front court player. I don’t know how the staff views him, so I’m not sure it’s an either/ or situation. Of course, considering how talented they are, a commitment from one could impact how the other views SU if the feeling is they’d be playing a similar role/ position.

Whitney is 6-6, maybe 6-7. Similar size as Battle but even longer and with better ups.

I don't want to hang the thread up on SG versus SF - that's up to the staff, subject to another 1+ year of growth and above my pay grade. But my assumption was that the staff likes Goodine up top, to be paired with Whitney on the wing and Stewart down low. I don't know where we are with Stewart (Gmac was in to see him a few days ago).

I don't want to hang the thread up on SG versus SF - that's up to the staff, subject to another 1+ year of growth and above my pay grade. But my assumption was that the staff likes Goodine up top, to be paired with Whitney on the wing and Stewart down low. I don't know where we are with Stewart (Gmac was in to see him a few days ago).

In my view, Stewart is a real long shot.

In my view, Stewart is a real long shot.
Understood .. he has a host of other offers from coast to coast and the move away hurt our chances. But at least Gmac's showing him love ... and trying to keep the legacy connection he has to SU fresh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom