Class of 2022 - SF Kamari Lands (IN / HillcrestAZ) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SF Kamari Lands (IN / HillcrestAZ) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will take it of course (and love it), but the out of left field aspect is...different. Fingers crossed.
Seems like a lot of our commitments are like this. Every time there’s a built up “decision day” it never works out for us

double-take.gif

Wow great add!

His shooting touch stands out...you can almost feel from the clips how much feel he has for the shot...just dropping em in the hole...

And sorry not sorry that I don't give a crap what some self-styled board cop with a lower post count than IQ has to say. Maybe you should try to stay on top of things more, instead of pretending that you're Lorne Michaels providing unwanted "notes" on an SNL skit.

Oh, and one more thing. 18 people understood the spirit with which the comment was intended, and thought it was funny, you're the dink who didn't.

Oh hammer don't hurt em

Nice get.

I assume Sophomore Kamari will be JB's replacements key guy once Buddy and JB leave.

No idea if we did any of that. I could be wrong. But my info is just about always on target. And this is the second time, after asking , that I have been told by a very good source, we aren't on him.

Was this a case of Kamari moving up the pecking order due to changes in roster and other croots status?

Never been happier that your info wasn’t bang on.
(not that that happens often, if at all)

Last edited:
Was this a case of Kamari moving up the pecking order due to changes in roster and other croots status?

Never been happier that your info wasn’t bang on.
(not that that happens often, it at all)
I have no idea. What is strange, we have others that have great connections. No one knew a thing. No one knows a thing now.

As Dash said, none of the "insiders" had any idea we were even involved here anymore.

Crazy. We’ll take it!

What’s weird is - reading what Kamari was saying back then, he always seemed very warm for Cuse’s form -
But we seemed much less so in the other direction.
Which seems odd, given he’s a 5* (or high 4*, depending on source) dude who looks like he was created to play our zone.

I mean - we’ve had football players “commit”in the past, only to then find out their offer wasn’t commitable.

Don’t imagine we’d have that happen here, and now.

Kid seems like a perfect fit for what we do.
Like Mali only at 6’8”

This is big! IF, and it may be a big if, but IF Benny is not a one and done, '22-23 is shaping up to be a really, really good team*.

1 - Girard
2 - Buddy
3 - Kamari
4 - Benny
5 - Jesse

* If we can find a proper point guard... Like a team that can be a 1 or 2 seed if we can get a proper point guard. Easily a top 25 team without, I'd say, but I'd worry that Girard would be exposed by an elite team in the tourney.

Crazy. We’ll take it!

What’s weird is - reading what Kamari was saying back then, he always seemed very warm for Cuse’s form -
But we seemed much less so in the other direction.
Which seems odd, given he’s a 5* (or high 4*, depending on source) dude who looks like he was created to play our zone.

I mean - we’ve had football players “commit”in the past, only to then find out their offer wasn’t commitable.

Don’t imagine we’d have that happen here, and now.

Kid seems like a perfect fit for what we do.
Like Mali only at 6’8”
We had a basketball player who just transferred to Seton Hall commit before his offer was commitable too.

Kudos to the staff. Who was head recruiter on this?

God I wish he was coming this year to play with Benny... Any chance we can GoFundMe for Benny to get him to stay two years???
MikeSU02..... Gerry McNamara was the lead recruiter for Lands as is mentioned earlier.

I am repeating some information here but there is some information on him perhaps people on here should read again to really get who Lands is where he's from, etc.

From Indiana, he now plays for Prolific Prep in Napa Valley, CA.

Says Syracuse was always his favorite because of Carmelo Anthony.

Ranked as a FIVE STAR by ESPN at #19 on their 2022 list.

If you Goggle him and watch the tape available you will see that he is an elite level HS player / 6'8" 195 small forward with a big guard mentality.

Smooth shooter, beautiful stroke, hits from the 3, mid range, floater, dunk, virtually everything.

Looking forward to playing D in the ZONE.

Has been in constant contact with Gerry and JB and has developed a great relationship with them and the rest of the staff.

Wanted to commit now so recruiting does not interfere with his playing.

So, it looks like we landed Lands and he is a very, very good player.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors